Dusting off...
The aftermath of attempting to make stuff:
Ah, dusting off the old sewing machine that has been neglected in the pantry. Only, once it is out I hate putting it back. And so stuff just gets piled up and up.
This week it was worth it. I actually FINISHED a project. Not by my deadline of Wednesday - it took staying up until midnight on friday and waking up early Saturday. However, I was able to wrap these little bibs up in time for a neighbors baby shower.
I think they are adorable! It took me longer than it should have, because I kept making stupid mistakes. Sewing the wrong sides together, not giving enough of a seam allowance, etc.
Even with the do-overs and much picking apart, I like how they turned out. I wanted to give a sweet, homemade gift to my neighbor. This will be her seventh child. She has 4 boys and 2 girls, but it has been 10 years since her last girl.
My neighbor's name is Lori. She was one of the first neighbors to truly make me feel welcome. Whenever I tell any other neighbors that - they say the same thing. Apparently, Lori makes sure that every new person feels welcomed. She is awesome!
After sewing, I attempted to make a card with my new type writer. Scott picked it up for free at a garage sale. It came in a cool case and everything. Too bad the ribbon doesn't work. But that shouldn't be too hard to replace.
Ah, dusting off the old sewing machine that has been neglected in the pantry. Only, once it is out I hate putting it back. And so stuff just gets piled up and up.This week it was worth it. I actually FINISHED a project. Not by my deadline of Wednesday - it took staying up until midnight on friday and waking up early Saturday. However, I was able to wrap these little bibs up in time for a neighbors baby shower.
I think they are adorable! It took me longer than it should have, because I kept making stupid mistakes. Sewing the wrong sides together, not giving enough of a seam allowance, etc.Even with the do-overs and much picking apart, I like how they turned out. I wanted to give a sweet, homemade gift to my neighbor. This will be her seventh child. She has 4 boys and 2 girls, but it has been 10 years since her last girl.
My neighbor's name is Lori. She was one of the first neighbors to truly make me feel welcome. Whenever I tell any other neighbors that - they say the same thing. Apparently, Lori makes sure that every new person feels welcomed. She is awesome!
After sewing, I attempted to make a card with my new type writer. Scott picked it up for free at a garage sale. It came in a cool case and everything. Too bad the ribbon doesn't work. But that shouldn't be too hard to replace.

Comments
Also, we will be living in IF come December!! Can't wait to meet you guys!