40 hour work week....

So I finished my first week on the job. Here is a picture Scott took of me the first day, it is reminicent of his family's 'first day of school' photos.
My stomach twisted and turned all the way on BART that first day, but I felt calm once I was onsite. Later, Scott's dad told me that his first day of work almost 30 years ago was on October 3rd in SF, the same as mine. What a coincidence!
My coworkers are great - very kind and friendly. Of course, since I am still new, I feel a little out of the loop. But they try to make the transition easier for me.
My office is above a 'Bath and Body Works', so everyday the entire buidling smells like citrus - a great contrast to the sewer smells outside. I work for a few hours and then get to go play in the sunshine, since my office is close to the waterfront, a park, and a farmers market. Then it is back to work and home.
So far, things are okay. I am mourning the loss of my spare time. It is too early to see how much I like the job, but so far it seems okay.

Comments