A letter to my Anxiety

Anxiety is a little all over the place and a basket case. 

Hello, Anxiety. 

Welcome back to my life. I know we’d taken a break with only occasional quick visits, but I really didn’t miss you as much as you apparently missed me. 

It sure is nice that you like to help me worry about all life’s problems. If only you were as good at providing answers! 

And no, depriving me of sleep is not going to solve anyone’s problems – especially not my own. 

While I know you think Depression needs to visit, too, I can really only handle one of you at a time. Depression and I like to limit our interactions to the dark, winter months. It’s her favorite time of year. 

So, if you are wondering how I am going to proceed as your gracious host, let me tell you:

I will make you as comfortable as I can in a cozy corner, but you won’t have to worry about being front and center. You are welcome to share input. However, I’ve got this. I will be driving my life. I will manage the day-to-day interactions with my family and making those decisions that cause you to panic. 

Don’t worry, you are in good hands. I’ve another friend who takes up permanent residence with me – her name is Wisdom. She brings along a crew – Logic, Ask a Friend, Faith, Optimism, and Self-care. 

Together, we are a team that will work through life’s challenges. Your input is appreciated, along with the rest of the team’s. 

Sincerely,
Me and the gang

Reminding Anxiety that Wisdom and her friends get a say, too. 

Comments

Most Read