Halloween Fun
![]() |
| Our family at the pumpkin patch in October. |
One of my favorite parts of parenting is re-living childhood with my children.
I've always liked Halloween, but it has reached a new level of fun when I celebrate with my family. I'm just as excited for Trick-or-Treating to see them "get" knocking on the doors. And I love dressing up with them in fun costumes. But its more than just Halloween, the whole month of October is always full of good times and friends.
Red Barn Pumpkin Patch
![]() |
| Soren and Lucas pretending to be Minions. |
One of our Autumn traditions is visiting the local pumpkin patch, something we all look forward to doing. I love watching the boys climb the hay stacks while I cuddle barn kittens and ask Scott if I can bring one home. Then there is the train rides around the farm. I have yet to get them to ride without me, but that's okay because I like sitting by them on the train.
![]() |
| Soren and I riding the train around the pumpkin patch. |
![]() |
| Soren and his friend Liam on the train saying "Choo Choo." |
![]() |
| Lucas trying to lift his pumpkin. |
![]() |
| Soren, Liam, Lucas and Cyrus loaded our wagon with the biggest pumpkins they could find. We had to grab another wagon to make it to the checkout in the farm. |
The pumpkins were all huge this year. Lucas was pretty determined to pick his up all by himself (it didn't happen, he needed help.)
![]() |
| Soren hiding from the camera and Lucas making a cheesy face after carving pumpkins. |
We brought our pumpkins home and carved them for a family home evening activity the following Monday. Pumpkin carving is a lot of work! Neither boy wanted anything to do with the pumpkin goo, so Scott and I did it ourselves. They had a great time directing us and pushing out the eyes. Then came time for the picture and Soren decided to throw a temper tantrum because he wanted to eat a treat and not take a picture.
Halloween Parties
![]() |
| Me and Truly as zombies. I'm trying to look serious, but really just looking a little freaky :) |
I went to my first Zombie party with my friend Truly. It was fun to learn how to apply makeup to look like flesh wounds, but it was also pretty disgusting. We made fake blood with Karo syrup, which I didn't think about when I poured over my clothes. We were a little sticky, but it was worth it.
I had a hard time looking serious in any photos. Being a Zombie is hard work!
![]() |
| Me with friends from my church. Angie, me, Lindsey, Hanna and Rachael |
We also went to our church's Halloween carnival, organized by the young men and young women. They did such a great job! There were lots of games for the kids - Lucas' favorite was throwing real darts at balloons. Every time he would wind up the whole crowd around us would back away, fully expecting him to accidentally let go early and hit someone nearby.
I loved the pumpkin catapult and now have a new project for Scott. Why shouldn't our family have our own catapult?
![]() |
| Our family at the Iona 2nd Ward party |
Lucas dressed up as a Ninja, Soren wore his dragon cape from last Halloween, I painted my face to be a scarecrow and Scott went as a "farmer".
![]() |
| Soren and Liam marching in the school Halloween parade |
Our last party was at school. The elementary puts on a parade for families. Soren was too shy to wear his Ninja costume and decided to wear his dragon cape again. He is cute either way ;) In front of him is his good friend Liam dressed as Bobba Fett from Star Wars.
On Halloween we had fun at the community Trunk-or-Treat and then hit up a nearby neighborhood for more candy. They lasted longer than they have any year yet, much to my delight. I love Trick-or-treating! They both came home with full pumpkins of candy, which they have been indulging in still.
Today is a day off of school. We are switching decorations over to Thanksgiving and making Thanksgiving cards to mail to friends. Here comes another fun month of celebrating with family and friends.












Comments