Friendship, part 2

Together again - Me, Liz, Kelsey and Sara at Sara's parent's home. 

***My last post bummed me out, so this is a follow-up to cheer myself up.***

One amazing thing about going home for the funeral was meeting up with many of my childhood friends. It was amazing to spend time together, driving around our home turf, sans kids and husbands. It felt a little like hopping out of a time machine. 

Dining at Red Robin after the funeral with old (and one new) friends. Liz, Kelsey, Sara, Kathy and me. 

Not only did we get a chance to reconnect, but I made new friends with other girls who were friends with Michelle. It was one big friendship party full of love and laughter. Not only would Michelle have loved it, but I'm pretty sure she was there grinning with us.

A quick stop by my house before visiting with more friends. Sara, Liz, me and our cute photo bomber - Kender :)

Each of my friends, new and old, in Washington, Idaho and all over the country/world mean so much more to me now. I see them with new eyes, my vision sharpened through the lens of loss and love. Being a mom keeps me pretty busy, but I hope to be able to continue strengthening my friendships. I don't think we realize how many ways we influence each other for good. 

Comments

Most Read