Bucket list

This summer, I had to come up with 100 things I wanted to do during my lifetime. It was pretty easy to come up with about 50, but then I had to stop and think for a little bit. I thought I'd type them up on my blog so I can remember them someday. They are in no particular order, just whatever came to me when I was writing. This is a little awkward to share, but I really want a digital copy so I can toss the scrap paper I originally wrote it on. No laughing.

  1. Grow my own lavender
  2. Learn to identify 10 new plants/trees
  3. Visit the birthplace of my grandparents
  4. Run my own business
  5. Be an old woman with whippets instead of cats
  6. Learn to fiddle
  7. learn to make macaroons like the french
  8. Perform in a musical as an adult (as opposed to a highschooler)
  9. Write a childrens book
  10. Grow my own fruit trees
  11. Can my own chicken broth
  12. strenghen a support group for postpartum depression
  13. Play "Somewhere over the Rainbow" from memory on the piano
  14. Learn how to use tools and build my own furniture
  15. Visit the lands of my ancestors
  16. Write features on local and family history
  17. Live on my own property with a garden and fruit trees
  18. Learn how to ride a horse
  19. Take my boys hiking at least once a summer
  20. Learn web design
  21. Visit the Alps
  22. Stay in a villa in Italy again
  23. Explore Paris with Scott again
  24. Visit Australia - McLeod's Daughters
  25. Tour Prince Edward Island
  26. Girls trip to Montreal with Meghan
  27. Master grilling with coal
  28. Run more
  29. Photosafari in Paris
  30. Photosafari in Scotland
  31. Photo Safari in Portugal (Bike around the Coast)
  32. Explore my family history in person
  33. Take a small business class
  34. Take a clas for sewing clothes
  35. Take more violin lessons - play in an orchestra sometime
  36. Own my own piano
  37. Paint ceramics in Italy
  38. Visit as many Temples as I can
  39. Make my own Journal
  40. Finish my wedding album
  41. Make baby books for my boys
  42. Hike past Jenny Lake
  43. Take my family hiking at Mt. Rainier
  44. Write my life history
  45. Compile a book of my families history
  46. Publish a book with Scott's photographs
  47. Learn enough spanish to be semi-conversational
  48. Make more art for my home
  49. Family vacation on a dude ranch
  50. treat myself to 1 massage a year (at least)
  51. Learn 3 more ways to wear eyeshadow
  52. Wear my hair up more
  53. Teton Art Rental
  54. Take family around U.S. in a travel trailer
  55. Play the piano and sing simultaneously like Jane Austen era girls
  56. Fly over Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
  57. See the Pyramids in Egypt
  58. Eat Thai food in Thailand
  59. Travel to ancient Book of Mormon sites
  60. Photo Safari to glaciers in Alaska
  61. Understand SEO
  62. Surround myself with good friends
  63. Serve a mission with Scott
  64. Teach my children the gospel
  65. Be blessed with good daughter-in-laws someday
  66. Be a grandma like my grandmas
  67. Learn to swim and overcome water fears
  68. Watch ice skating at Olympics in person
  69. Collect old sheet music
  70. Photo safari in Istanbul
  71. Create my own web sites
  72. be 80 with the imangination I had when I was 10
  73. Learn to design and sew skirts and dresses
  74. Organize my stamp collection
  75. Own my own land
  76. Get a gold card
  77. Be smart with $$$
  78. Ride an elephant
  79. Ride a camel
  80. Learn to Salsa
  81. Have awesome arms
  82. take a college painting course
  83. Speak French again (but better)
  84. Print my blog into family books
  85. Crochet a giant afgan and pillow cases
  86. Learn more stitchery techniques
  87. Publish my own craft book
  88. Family vacation at Tybee Island
  89. Be a master gardener
  90. Photograph more
  91. Play with my kids and grandkids often
  92. Cook fisth the right way so we will eat it
  93. Take a cooking class
  94. Live by family
  95. Be economically independent
  96. Invent something
  97. Learn to like winter
  98. Cross county ski in the winter
  99. Stay in shape
  100. Find little ways to enjoy my life in all its stages and trials

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
What a great list Melissa! I don't think I could have thought of so many things.

Most Read