29: A pretty good start
I turned 29-years-old today, almost for the second time.
I think having Lucas and going through all my fun postpartum depression stuff aged me. I honestly thought I was turning 30 until about four months ago. Scott pointed out my error when I was trying to plan my birthday.
Me: This years birthday has to be pretty awesome - I'm gonna be the big 3-0.
Scott: Really? No you're not.
Me: Yes I am.
Scott: Do you remember what year you were born?
Me: 1983...Oh. Wait, you mean I'm only 28???
It was a great day and helped turn back my mental-age-clock. How often do you loose a year?
This year, my one birthday wish was to play at the water-park - without my kids. Worrying about them drowning is kind of a killjoy. Plus, it limits my activities to the kiddies' splash area.Sometimes, I just want to go play on the waterslides and lazy river with just Scott.
It was everything I hoped it would be. We floated the lazy river. We raced each other up the rock climbing wall (Scott beat me pretty easily, seeing as how I couldn't pull my legs high enough to even get a foot grip). We slid on the water slides - and Scott even guilt-ed me into going on the super-scary, wedgy-giving, blue slide. It was a blast and I don't know why we waited for my birthday!
We live a short walk away, so after the adults had fun we planned to walk Soren and Lucas back over. But we needed an icecream cake break first.
I love LOVE love icecream cake. I think it has been my cake request since I was about 10 years old. There has been a few years where I switched it out for a homemade Kansas Dirt Cake or Mud Pie. And there was one year when I really wanted a hamburger shaped cake (???), but other than that I have been a loyal Dairy Queen cake customer.
Scott really is awesome when it comes to making birthdays special. For example, when I requested chocolate chip pancakes this morning he went above and beyond and put a 29 in my pancake!
He gave me a new camera, since I accidentally washed me old one in April. I thought that was all I was getting, since it is a pretty big gift. But he surprised me with a cookbook from my favorite bakery in Savannah:
He also got me the laminator that I had been dreaming about several months ago.
Plus, a really cute case for my new camera.
I love birthdays!















Comments