Things my 3-yr-old says

I read once that the third year is when the most learning takes place out of your entire life. So my little 3-yr-old boy is learning more now than I did in one year at college. I find that to be an intimidating thought. It puts a lot of weight on me to make sure I'm doing a good job.

Already I can just see the change in him. He asks me sooo many questions every day. For example, here are a few I answered today: Where do hiccups come from? Where are the Little Einsteins' Daddies? Who eats worms? Who eats dirt? Who eats people?  What makes the sky blue? What animal is bacon?


And than he uses adult phrases that are so cute coming from a little boy. For example, while planting flowers and trees in the front yard:

Soren: Well done, Mommy!
Me:  What?
Soren: Well done. You did hard work here today


Or he says things that show he is really expanding his imagination. For example, while playing in the boys' room after naptime:

Soren: I wish I had three, no, five robots. That'd be cool.
Me: Yeah, that would be pretty neat.
Soren: You can have a purple robot, Mommy. And Lukey can have a pink one.
Me:  No, I think Lukey would rather have a green Robot. What color will you have.
Soren: A blue robot. And daddy's can be red. But what about Leo?
Me: His can be yellow.
Soren: Let's go get them now, Mommy.
Me: I don't know where a robot store is, sorry.
Soren: No! I want one now! You need to go buy them right now.
Me: I can't, I don't know where the robot store is.

Well, that conversation ended with a little tantrum...

Then there are the slightly funny/awkward/surprising conversations that come out of no where. Like the conversation we had this morning:

Soren: Mommy, who took your penis?
Me: No one did. I don't have one because I'm a girl. Only boys have them.
Soren: And daddies


Comments

Unknown said…
bhahah laughing so hard! Who took your penis? oh the funny things kids say! Cant wait for Jett to get to this stage!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Ya... Thomas and I had the girls don't have a penis conversation in a movie theater bathroom.... there were SO many chuckles/giggles coming from all of the other stalls in the bathroom! (oh... did I say?... the bathroom was PACKED!)
Bree said…
Well that last one was HILARIOUS!! hahaha!! So cute to see their little minds at work! Sounds like he is growing up into the cutest/smartest little boy! You are such a great Mom, Meliss!

Most Read