Random stuff


I have put off blogging until I get Lucas' birthday pictures ready to share. But since that is taking me forever, I decided to blog anyway. His birthday will just be shared a little later. Here's what we've been up to in our little world:

- As of today, Soren is working on potty training. Woo hoo! We've tried a little in the past and it has always felt like we were going backwards more than forwards.He went from being excited about the potty, spiderman underwear and McQueen pull-ups to hugging his diapers when I bought them in the store. But today he wanted to try again - if only to earn his Francesco Bernoulli race car.  We went through a pack of underwear pretty quickly and ended up at the store to buy more (where we may have had another little accident). However, it is going better than I thought. Meaning I am doing better than I thought I would. Its helped that all his accidents have happened on the hardwood floor and his brother has been asleep whenever we need to spend a while in the bathroom. Anyway....


- Lucas is walking!!! On Sunday night, when I was gone (of course), he walked across the room to Scott. He is so proud of himself and doing really well.


Family picture directed by Soren - included are Daddy, Mommy, Leo, Lucas and Soren with 
a rainbow, waves, star and letter "c".

- I can plant my garden! This is pretty exciting news to me, especially since I didn't plant anything last year. I've already got my peas in the ground and I'm slowly acclimating my transplants to life outside the nursery. I'm growing tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, corn, radishes, cucumbers and squash. I'm also going to try a couple watermelon and cantaloup plants, since my neighbor's were soooo delicious last year. I did have herbs, but my planter blew away in a storm last week. And I planted some strawberry starters that are really taking off. Yay!

That's about it for now. It is extremely windy outside, so we are going to stay inside and bake some peanut butter cookies this afternoon.

Comments

Bree said…
Did you make that quilt??? I wish I had the time and patience (oh yeah-and the SKILLS!) to make one. SOOO cute! Good luck with potty training!

Most Read