Cabin fever recovery

Lucas playing on the porch while Soren sleeps in the stroller. 
Anyone want to come paint? Shoveling snow all winter sure takes its wear and tear.
 
 After 3 days of playing in the sunshine for the first time in months, I realize I've been suffering from a bad case of cabin fever.

It hit me today after the weather changed and we went back to being cooped up indoors. I couldn't stand the thought of entertaining kids and looking at my messy house for one more day.

Luckily, Scott just finished the semester and has a few days off before work starts again. So I asked him to take us out.Thank goodness he agreed quickly, because I was ready to beg.

He had a couple punches left on a rock climbing punch card, so we went rock climbing as a family - or rather, Lucas and Soren jumped on the mats while Scott and I climbed. Scott took a class in college and is pretty awesome - in my opinion. I've never done it before, so everything was new. Soren loved watching us and would tell me where to go.

We didn't climb for long - Lucas began crawling off to explore the rest of the shop, so we stopped. But even just a short session is having an effect on my arms. I crashed for naptime, too today.

Lucas learning how to open and shut the front door while Soren 
dozes in the stroller after a walk.

Lucas is our little explorer. It has become difficult to take him places, because he has trouble-radar and crawls as fast as he can to exactly where I don't want him to go. How does he know? At the park yesterday, he climbed up the stairs and tried to go down the big kid slide in about two seconds.

The sleeping boy in his stroller, wearing his favorite t-shirt.

Soren is also exploring a lot right now - like experimenting with how high he can jump or how fast he can spin around. Then there is the experimenting that isn't so cute - like how much whining and crying to get his way.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
How fun! And I have never been rock climbing - it looks fun, but I think my fear of hights might overcome that.
That shirt looks familiar :) looks super cute on him!
Paul and Susan said…
I miss being with you guys. Thanks for keeping us updated with your blog posts!
Bree said…
Hey Mel!! I can't believe how big Lucas is!! Isn't his bday next month? Crazy! ;) Well, I hope you're doing well. I emailed you awhile back but maybe you didn't get it? Let me know if you ever come down to I.F. :)

Most Read