Brothers

 Soren talking to baby Lucas. 

A typical conversation/interaction between brothers after 1.5 months of knowing each other:

Example 1
Soren: Baybee Ooocas, wanna yo binky?
Lucas: (kicks and raises his eybrows)
Soren: (shoves the binky in Lucas' mouth)
Lucas: (Spits it out and opens his eyes really wide)
Soren: (Continues playing with his cars or Elmo)

Soren has always loved his binky. Neither of us comprehends why Lucas doesn't care for them. We both try to give him one all the time. Lucas will open his eyes real wide and look at you. He will slowly munch it, as if he is wondering "What the heck is this thing?" Then spit it out. The only time he will suck it, is when he is starving or past the point of tired. 


 I'm learning that little two-year-olds don't naturally do "gentle" or "quiet." I can't tell you how many times I've just put Lucas down for a nap when Soren will slam his door or come running into the room yelling "Maaameeeeee!" Usually followed by some sort of demand, like "Know-ah my purple bouncy ball is?" or "Watch-ah a show?" or "Play outside?"

 Soren is such a good helper. Besides being on top of binky duty, he will help pick up burp clothes and push the swing. He will let me know the baby is crying - even when he is the one who wakes him. Soren also loves to try and play with Lucas.

 I'm excited for these two boys to continue to get to know each other.

Comments

Cute brothers! Jett was the same way about his binky. Lucas is getting bigger fast! Love his cute onesie :)
Paul and Susan said…
I'm glad Soren is feeling comfortable interacting more with Lucas. It was cute to see the pictures and hear about them.
Too cute!!! I can't believe how big he is getting! Time is flying WAY too fast.
Oh MY! I must have been in a time warp. Look! You have TWO boys now. Beautiful. Love to y'all! (and prayers for sleep...)
Lisa Brown said…
Has he climbed into the swing yet? When Derek was a baby, Lily used to climb into his swing. She almost knocked the thing over every time :).

Most Read