A little of our Easter

Easter family picture. For the record - I can't stand how I look in this picture. The only reason it is 
being posted is for posterity sake when I turn these posts into a book.

We had a nice Easter a couple weeks ago, although a little less traditional. We didn't do the early-morning Easter basket thing or a traditional dinner. Church was at 8:30 a.m. and I knew Soren wouldn't know any differently if we didn't wake up early for a basket. So we decided to skip the baskets and do an Easter egg hunt after dinner with my brother and sis-in-law instead.


Soren discovering that the eggs actually have CANDY in them!

Leo is next in the discovery that the eggs hold CANDY!

Counting his spoils. No other kids to compete with (just Leo), so it was a well-filled basket.



 I was going to make a traditional dinner - roast with homemade rolls and all. Only my roast was still frozen and I forgot to make the rolls the night before. All I wanted to do was take a nap. Scott won major husband points for pointing out that it would be fine to just do a simple dinner. So I took a nap and then we had french toast and bacon for dinner. It was the best - possibly a new tradition.


Soren and I enjoying a few jelly beans from his basket.


Comments

Meghan Stuart said…
You look adorable! Cute post. I love the french toast and bacon for dinner thing. That is the sort of tradition I could get behind : )
Lisa Brown said…
What a great idea to have bacon and panckes for dinner. The bacon is like having a ham, right? And the pancakes replace the rolls? You could even have hasbrowns to replace the scalloped potatoes :). Perfect!
Paul and Susan said…
It was fun to see pictures of Soren enjoying his Easter egg hunt. You look like a beautiful pregnant Mommy soon to deliver a wonderful baby. I'm looking forward to seeing you!

Most Read