Freezer Meal ideas - 36 weeks
Yesterday, Scott and I finally toured the hospital and pre-registered. When I walked into the maternity ward, the nurses came out to meet me and thought I was there to have my baby. We explained I was just there for a tour and had another month until my due date. They said that explained why I was walking so calmly. It was fun to see what my greeting would have been like had I been in labor. Although, I missed my cousin's husband Tim meeting me with security like when I had Soren. (Tim is a big Security honcho at the hospital I gave birth to in Washington State. I felt like I got special treatment with him there and my aunt working in the E.R.)
After our tour, we went to Idaho Falls and bought a new infant carseat (thanks to my sister for sending me the coupon that saved me $30!) We also bought some other baby/momma supplies.
Last night felt like Christmas Eve - after seeing the hospital and buying so much fun baby stuff - I just couldn't sleep I was so excited. Too bad I still have 4 more weeks. But this excitement is giving me extra energy and motivation, which I'm loving. I guess you would call it nesting.
One of my nesting projects is preparing freezer meals and I'd like some more ideas. But let me clarify first that I have a pretty small/packed freezer (thank you to my kind friends who have already given me freezer meals. They fit just perfectly). What I'm looking for now are meals where I can make-ahead a sauce or filling and freeze flat on a cookie sheet in a zip lock bag. Here is what is on my list so far:
Freezer Meals:
- Chicken Enchiladas Filling
- Chicken Tetrazinni sauce w/ chicken
- Taco filling
- Fajita filling
- Chicken Alfredo
- Pesto
- Chicken Triangle Filling
- Soups??(Only I don't know which ones to do cause we don't usually eat a lot of soup).
I'd love to hear your ideas! Feel free to leave a recipe in a comment or email me. Or I can email you! Thanks so much for all your fun ideas and help.
After our tour, we went to Idaho Falls and bought a new infant carseat (thanks to my sister for sending me the coupon that saved me $30!) We also bought some other baby/momma supplies.
Last night felt like Christmas Eve - after seeing the hospital and buying so much fun baby stuff - I just couldn't sleep I was so excited. Too bad I still have 4 more weeks. But this excitement is giving me extra energy and motivation, which I'm loving. I guess you would call it nesting.
One of my nesting projects is preparing freezer meals and I'd like some more ideas. But let me clarify first that I have a pretty small/packed freezer (thank you to my kind friends who have already given me freezer meals. They fit just perfectly). What I'm looking for now are meals where I can make-ahead a sauce or filling and freeze flat on a cookie sheet in a zip lock bag. Here is what is on my list so far:
Freezer Meals:
- Chicken Enchiladas Filling
- Chicken Tetrazinni sauce w/ chicken
- Taco filling
- Fajita filling
- Chicken Alfredo
- Pesto
- Chicken Triangle Filling
- Soups??(Only I don't know which ones to do cause we don't usually eat a lot of soup).
I'd love to hear your ideas! Feel free to leave a recipe in a comment or email me. Or I can email you! Thanks so much for all your fun ideas and help.

Comments
She has a tone of other delicious soups on her blog that would probably freeze well too.
1 pound hamburger, cooked
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can chili beans
1 can diced green chilies
1 package taco seasoning
When you're ready to serve, top with sour cream, grated cheese, and Fritos or crushed tortilla chips.
Carrot Ginger Soup
2lbs carrots (peeled and chopped)
6 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. butter (or less)
2 Tbs. grated ginger root (fresh or dried, fresh is best)
2 yellow onions
1 apple (peeled, cored, diced)
salt, pepper
1 c. whipping cream or half and half.
Saute onions and butter until soft. Add carrots, broth, ginger root, apple, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer until everything is cooked and soft. Puree in batches in blender. Add a cup of whipping cream if you want to make it extra decadent. Freeze until ready to eat! :-)
Enjoy! I'm getting so excited for you. I can't believe you're going to have another Wheeler in the fam!