35 weeks

It is so weird to think that in one month we will have another little boy in our family. I know I've had more than 8 months to adjust to this idea, but the change is so big I still can't comprehend it.

I had my last "every-two-weeks" appointment today and will now be seeing my midwife once a week. Good news from today's appointment was that I've raised my iron levels from a 10 to 11. Woo hoo! I just need to get to a 12 now.

Low-Iron
Since I never made it to the pharmacy for my iron supplement, I've been focusing on iron in my diet. I think Grape Nuts is the best cereal ever. I've been eating it every morning and swear that has played a big role in the raise, because honestly - I still am not eating many leafy vegetables. I do get more red meat, beans and dried fruit, but probably not as much as I should. However, I love the excuse to by steak. I think Scott does, too.

My ice cravings and smell cravings have diminished, but are still in the background. At least I don't feel like a mad woman anymore. My popcycle count has gone from 5 a day to about 2 - so I'm getting a little better. I still indulge in large cups of ice from Taco Time. Their ice is softer, so I don't feel like I'm ruining my teeth as much. Plus, its a calorie free treat!

Baby Gear
A couple weeks ago, we realized our infant carseat (which we were given by a family member who had used it with her children, so it is a little older) has past its expiration date. Who knew they even had expiration dates? So we are back in the carseat market. I've decided on this one and hope to get it soon. We are also checking out double strollers. Walking Leo is such a big part of my daily routine that its important to me to get a good stroller. It might take me a little bit to get the one I want - which I think is a great product, but way over-priced. Other than that, we are lucky to have all our other baby gear.

Soren
Soren and I went to the store and picked out a gift for his new baby brother. He decided on a very cute, cuddly teddy bear. Then he picked out the wrapping paper - tractors and trains - and "helped" me wrap it. By "help" I mean that he pulled off 12 inches of tape at a time for me to stick on the paper. I made an airplane-shaped card for him to color. Now I just need to hide the present away so he'll stop asking if he can open it.

Anyway, those are a few things that have been going on with our family. Sorry no pictures - I'm a little lazy today : )

Comments

5 ibarras said…
We have the Chicco carrier/stroller system and LOVE it! but i did find the entire set on craigslist for $100 so we got a pretty good deal...nevertheless, it's my favorite that i've had with all my kids!
Powell Family said…
We used a wrap for Lydia and she just loved it. I still use it for Isaac and Lydia sometimes like at the fair and stuff. It is great for walks and just as easy as a double plus you're getting to hold your little ones!
Lisa Brown said…
Get a double jogging stroller (the best) or an umbrella double stroller (we had one made by jeep). The others are sort of a pain to move. And I want an excuse to eat more steak :).
Meg said…
Congrats on being so ready for baby. I'm excited for you! And I think it's adorable that Soren got to pick out a baby present. :)
Bree said…
Mel! I can't believe you only have a month left!! WOO HOO!! I am so jealous! ;) I love your cute baby projects too...makes me feel lazy though, I haven't been crafy in a LONG time!! Hope the next month goes by fast!! :)
Paul and Susan said…
Sounds like you are getting already. It will be time before we know it!

Most Read