Finished baby projects



Winnie the Pooh is featured modeling a couple of baby projects I finished today.

Scott and Soren are spending the weekend visiting Scott's brother in Utah, so I have all this time to myself. Its been a nice stay-cation for me. I've been able to work on a bunch of projects that I never seem to have energy for at the end days chasing a toddler, cooking, cleaning, running errands, being pregnant, etc...


Project 1: Baby Snuggler

My friend Catherine mailed me this pattern a while ago and I finally made it. Its a blanket sewed into swaddling shape. The outside is cotton and the inside is a soft micro-fleece - nice and cozy for a little baby. Here is a link to the pattern online.

It was really easy to make, but I did mess up a couple times. For some reason, I have to read patterns about 20 times to understand exactly what they mean. I have this same problem with recipes, too. So basically, the first time I make anything I mess up at least once. Hopefully, next time I can make it just right.

 Project 2: Crocheted Baby Blanket

When I was pregnant with Soren, I made this exact same baby blanket - same colors and pattern. It was my first crochet project. I used it all the time with Soren - it was the perfect carseat blanket. I remember how he used to wrap his little fingers and toes through the holes. Then one sad day, I lost it at IKEA. It was gone for good :( So I decided to make another one to replace it and just finished the last scallop today while watching Arrested Development.


Project 3: Appliqued Baby Onesies

My sister-in-law helped me start on these a couple weeks ago. Today I finished sewing them. I still think it would be cute to hand-embroider on a couple of them. LIke the one with the robot, I want to stitch "robot" underneath in some cutesie handwriting. But for now, they are done and I am moving on to the next project. Only, these projects were pretty easy to finish - all the pieces had already been prepared and just needed to be assembled. But my next projects need a little more thinking to move on with the next step. Hence my blogging instead of sewing right.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
I love them!! I actually can't decide which I like best. Hmm, they are all great, and Pooh sure made a good model :). Way to be productive!!
Paul and Susan said…
You are getting a lot accomplished. I like all the things you made. Makes me wish I could make stuff.
Lindsay said…
Look at all these cute things you're making! They're awesome.
Katie said…
Wow you are productive! LOVE everything-- especially that little airplane onesie and the rocket ship with stars. SO sweet.
Britni Jean said…
melissa! i love your projects! the swadle blanket looks amazing. i think i'm going to try and make one! your crochet blanket is adorable! and your onesies are so cute! i can't believe that our babies will be here next month!
Christina said…
These are sooo cute! And I love the step-in baby model :P
These are sooooo adorable! I LOVE them all! You did a good job on your projects! Can't wait for this baby to get here!
Meg said…
Such fun projects. I've been working on some of my own lately, while Graham has been working long hours. It's so fun to see the idea in your head really come to life. Hooray for sewing! (P.S. - your crocheting makes me jealous. The good kind of jealous though that just makes me ooh and ahh over your talent.)
Deanna said…
Congrats on finishing your projects! They are all so cute. Way to go!
The Clifts said…
Those are so cute! Good for you finishing them. I need to make a list of all my unfinished projects so I can have the motivation to finish them.
Anonymous said…
You did a beautiful job on them! :)

Most Read