Soren eats a lemon and gets croup (not in that order)

This video of Soren tasting his first lemon is too funny - its bumped me out of my blog neglect because it deserves to be shared. Make sure to watch it at least twice - it gets funnier every time (at least that's what Scott and I think, and we are a little biased).



Don't you love that face? He probably never would have tried the lemons, except he watched me eating them. Must be good if mom likes them, right? Ha ha! For some reason, I am really into lemons right now. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a cold and probably need more vitamin C.

So today in church, I was asked to serve as the second counselor in the Primary Presidency - which basically means I am going to have a lot of fun planning for the children's sunday school at my church. I'm pretty excited about it. The last time I worked with children at church was in Savannah. There are a couple of girls who I still keep in touch with. It has been so fun to watch them grow.

On Wednesday, I noticed Soren had a fever before bed and his voice was really hoarse. The next day he woke up with a tight cough and fever. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but luckily I talked to my mom who pointed out that it wasn't a cold.

During his nap, he had such a hard time sleeping that I decided to talk to Nurse Paula at our doctor's office (We LOVE Nurse Paula. She has taken care of Soren since he was one-month-old). She suggested that it might be croup and it would be better to figure that out now before bed time tonight. After nap time, we headed to the doctors office. I almost second-guessed myself and didn't go because his cough didn't seem that bad and he running around playing. However, within a couple seconds of examining Soren the doctor quickly concluded that he did indeed have Croup. We were told that if we hadn't come into the doctor then, we would have made a trip to the ER that night.

I am so grateful for little blessings like avoiding trips to the ER. The poor kid had to get two shots to help clear it up. Later that day, four more kids came in with Croup and all had it worse than Soren. We caught it just in time before it got scary.

Comments

That's hilarious! I can't believe how tall he is getting!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you guys caught that in time! Scott's BFF next door got the same cough Scott had but his almost turned into Pneumonia! He's on breathing treatments, I dont know how we avoided something that serious but I am so thankful we did.

And, thats a pretty cute video, I love kids reactions to firsts.
haha that is hilarious! Such a sour face! Good thing you got it documented. That will be even more funny for him to watch when he is older. HOpe everyone is getting better!
that is adorable!! save that for his wedding video. :)
Katie said…
Such a funny face! It looks like he's sticking out his little tongue to try to get it off-- and then he runs away! hilarious!
I'm so glad you avoided the ER too-- I wouldn't have known anything about Croup. Congrats on your second pregnancy-- I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl.
Lisa Brown said…
That brings back memories of my Derek. First - he used to suck on the meons from our water whenever we went to restaurants, which was highly entertaining. And a few years back Derek got croup and spent five hours being treated in the ER. They had to put him on an IV and breathing treatment. It was so scary - especially because he went from being okay to lathargic in about an hour.

So glad Soren is okay!!

Most Read