Christmas morning

Scott and Soren on Christmas morning, while I try to figure out how to use my new camera.
First, let me say that Christmas is the one day in the entire year where Scott and I willingly wake up before Soren. And then eagerly wake Soren up. The one and only day!

Scott gave me a point-and-shoot camera for Christmas. I love it! It is sooo small, which means I can carry it in my purse or pocket, and yet it still lets me control many settings like an SLR.

And now that I have a camera and a fixed computer, I think I'm back in business for blogging. Here are a few shots taken just this morning - post present-opening and camera-charging.


We gave Soren a little, wooden train set for Christmas. It was one of the first gifts he opened and I don't think he really cared about opening more presents afterwards. We just stopped opening them for him and decided to save the rest for his birthday next week.

Ironically, the night before I was telling Scott that Soren needed more presents for under the tree. hmmmm guess not.

He sat and played quietly with it for HOURS. I finally had to carry him off for his nap when he started falling apart over a car falling of the tracks. He sobbed all the way up the stairs and cried "Choo-choo! Choo-choo! Noooo!" He never fights me for naps, which means we did a good job on that train. He was out within seconds of his head hitting the pillow.

 The other cute little boy in our house is my nephew Jett. It was his first Christmas and I think he scored pretty big. Soren and he were pretty content playing with their toys right next to eachother.


My mom also scored pretty big. My dad surprised her with a trip to the Bahamas after all us kids leave. She deserves it - she's been pretty busy with wedding planning and other stuff. I can't wait to hear all about it and see their pictures.




I got a lot of great gifts and felt very loved. One of them is this beautiful locket from my new sister-in-law April. I am so excited to get a picture of my boys in it. Speaking of, I never did announce officially on here - but I am having another boy!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Jessica Marie said…
Adorable pictures and congrats on having a boy!!! :)
TOO FUN! I love the pic of Soren and Scott. Merry Christmas Melissa!
Bree said…
Mel!! Merry Christmas!! That first pictures is SO cute!! How exciting for your parents to go to the Bahamas!!! Woo hoo!! Glad you're having a great time, we HAVE to get together when you get back!!! :)
Deanna said…
Yay for another boy! Congrats!
Lisa Brown said…
Sounds like a great Christmas morning :). And toy trains are always a winner.
Katie said…
Merry Christmas and congratulations on another baby boy. So exciting!
shannen said…
Aw, I'm glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas! I'm curious to know what camera you got. I love my new one, but I really wish it had more SLR capabilities.
Paul and Susan said…
It was fun to see the pictures from Christmas. You are way ahead of me!

Most Read