Sewing Search, part 1

My dream Bernina - oh, if only I was that happy woman. Image from this web site.

My coworkers are grating on my nerves today. Not for any fault of their own, I'm just annoyed that I have to be inside on this beautiful, sunny Friday. So instead of biting someone's head off, I thought I'd type a quick post and get my mind away from the humdrum.

Sewing Search...
Due to a recent sewing machine malfunction, I'm in the market for a new machine. I have been doing a little research and tricked myself into visiting a Bernina dealer last night. I just ignored the prices and had fun playing... and dreaming.... until I had convinced myself that her sewing machines couldn't be TOO expensive. I mean, everything they do is so practical and necessary. Why wouldn't all machines have so many pretty stitches, a knee lever, automatic needle position, etc... And then the painful moment - $3,000! But don't worry, she promised a 15 percent discount. Ouch!

Here is another option, although it might be just as painfully expensive - or close enough.
Image from here.


So now at least I know what I want, but can't afford. Back to being realistic, I better give my friend Cat's Babylock a try. I know I can afford it and it does everything I would *Need*. Although I'd like to *Need* everything on my dream Bernina.

Does anyone else have a sewing machine recommendation?

Comments

Heather said…
Funny you should ask. I just spent the last two days strait on mine (see my blog this weekend for my creations!) I love my Singer. It was inexpensive, has an automatic buttonhole maker, and is pretty to look at. It has: 9 built-in stitches • A 4-step buttonholer • Front-load bobbin • Adjustable pressure • Free-arm • 3 needle positions • And Built-in storage. Simple, but everything I need.
Anonymous said…
I 'need' a Bernina too!!
When you come babysit, I'll pull mine out for you to gander at. Remember, it has the 'stretchy stitchy'.
Amber said…
I talked to my dad when he was on the way to the funeral, I'm glad he was able to go. What a tribute to a great woman! How nice that so much of your family was able to go, especially you with living so far away.

As far a sewing machines go, I am a big bernina fan, I have a bernina serger and a cheapo brother sewing machine. I would love one that would embroidery so I could make cute original shirts for my boys, maybe someday.
Jana said…
The QE is nice, though I need to use it more.
Lisa Brown said…
I absolutely love my Brother CS 80. It is awesome,has tons of great features, and it even threads the needle for you :). Best machine ever for the price, a little over $200 when I bought it.

Most Read