Last day in New York
Melissa, Marshall, Debbie, Darlene, and Greg outsidea Church of Later-day Saints building in Manhattan.
Before I start posting and writing about my Italy/France trip, I better finish my tales from New York. It is still relevant, because the picture I posted is of the same aunt and uncle I traveled with in Italy and then met up with in Paris. My aunt is my mom's oldest sister and I've always loved spending time with her and her family.
My last day in New York was a Sunday. We woke up early and took shifts getting ready, since there were 5 of us in the little apartment with one bathroom. Then it was off to church - but not by car - by subway, a first for me. The church building was surrounded by apartments and looked exactly like one, too. The only clue to the buildings real purpose was "The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints" sign above the door (as seen in the above picture). Yet to my comfort, once you stepped inside it looked like everyother LDS church building I've visited across the United States - complete with the same blue carpet and comfy couches in the lobby.
That was surprise number one. Surprise number two was seeing a boy I went on a blind date with in college - Christopher G. It was so random and out of place that I was stunned for a couple minutes. I never had a chance to speak to him - to my regret - but it brought back lots of good memories: Playing scrabble in Driggs, Idaho while eating some random pudding concoction with Christopher, his twin friends, and a couple random girls from the dorms. That was six years ago - And it just so happened that Sunday, he was blessing his newborn son during Sacrament Meeting. It was so crazy!
How's that for a quick trip to New York? I had a blast and can't wait to go back with Scott sometime. Hopefully we can squeeze a trip in next year before graduation. I wouldn't mind taking him to "Wicked" or seeing another show.
My Italy pictures are on there way...

Comments