Colonial Cemetery

Is it morbid to have a fascination with cemeteries? There is something about all the names, dates and tombstones. I love to explore them - especially the old graveyards here in Savannah.

I had fun on a photo safari with my friends Amber and Catharine this weekend. It's been a while since I've set aside time for that here in Savannah. I keep saying I'm going to go, but something else comes up (what else is new....). So on Friday we just planned it and went. I originally wanted to visit Bonaventure Cemetery, but it closed too early. Instead, we went to Colonial Cemetery which is in the historic district of Savannah. I walk Leo here sometimes because I love how old the tombstones are. There are about 50 that are lined up against the back wall, disconnected from their graves because no one knows where they once stood. There's so much heritage here - the first president of Georgia is buried near a signer of the Declaration of Independence. There are poets and writers I barely remember from history and English courses along with old family names now on Street signs through out the city.
If you'd like to see more, I set up a flickr account and posted more of my photos.

Comments
I don't know if you even remember me. It's so funny to find you through Darren's blog because I was just thinking about you guys the other day. I'm out in Nashville with my husband right now. I work as an accountant for a record label out here. I'm always around all of this music and Scott is better than all of them!! So you guys aren't too far away from us. (It's weird being all the way over here huh? :) Anyway, hope you guys are doing well. Tell Scott hi and if you guys are ever in Nashville, we should get together.
-Kristen (Brown) Toone -from BYUI