Home at last
After 21 hours traveling in train stations and airports, I am home at last. My day started early on Friday morning in Lacoste, France. I woke up about 30 minutes earlier than I needed to catch my cab in order to soak in some last Provencal sun rays. I loved the Provence region with it lavendar and green rolling hills.
It was quite an adventure coming home - I rode on the TGV, which is the fastest train in the world, from Avignon to Paris. I am quite proud of myself for mastering the Charles de Gaulle aiport, which I'd heard was the opposite of user-friendly. At the check-in counter, they told me I was the very last one to check into the flight and had been put on stand-by. That kind of freaked me out, because I just wanted to get home. But luckily, the flight was 90 minutes delayed so I was able to still board. I had the middle seat between a girl returning from a study abroad in Spain and another woman who had traveled to Germany for work. We all had fun sharing our experiences and tips for where the others should go visit.
Once we landed in Atlanta, I had an awful 4 hour layover - which would have been longer, if the flight had not been delayed leaving Paris. I could hardly keep my eyes open at this point, as it was well after midnight for me. I slept the whole way to Savannah and groggily exited the plane. I had the best greeting committee - my friend Colleen and her husband Nate, who brought Leo with them! Leo and I have been catching up on a lot of sleep and cuddle time. I don't know what his excuse for being so tired is - but I'm sure loving it now as I catch up on my hours.
Scott comes home tomorrow and I can't hardly wait. It was a little depressing to come home without him. Thank goodness we had 3 days in Paris together - which was AWESOME. I will tell you more when I have my pictures back. My digital camera battery charger was MIA so I shot with medium format film and a Holga the whole trip. I guarantee that about 50% of my images won't turn out, but those that do will look pretty awesome with characteristics of the film and Holga border. At least, that's what I tell myself for comfort.
It was quite an adventure coming home - I rode on the TGV, which is the fastest train in the world, from Avignon to Paris. I am quite proud of myself for mastering the Charles de Gaulle aiport, which I'd heard was the opposite of user-friendly. At the check-in counter, they told me I was the very last one to check into the flight and had been put on stand-by. That kind of freaked me out, because I just wanted to get home. But luckily, the flight was 90 minutes delayed so I was able to still board. I had the middle seat between a girl returning from a study abroad in Spain and another woman who had traveled to Germany for work. We all had fun sharing our experiences and tips for where the others should go visit.
Once we landed in Atlanta, I had an awful 4 hour layover - which would have been longer, if the flight had not been delayed leaving Paris. I could hardly keep my eyes open at this point, as it was well after midnight for me. I slept the whole way to Savannah and groggily exited the plane. I had the best greeting committee - my friend Colleen and her husband Nate, who brought Leo with them! Leo and I have been catching up on a lot of sleep and cuddle time. I don't know what his excuse for being so tired is - but I'm sure loving it now as I catch up on my hours.
Scott comes home tomorrow and I can't hardly wait. It was a little depressing to come home without him. Thank goodness we had 3 days in Paris together - which was AWESOME. I will tell you more when I have my pictures back. My digital camera battery charger was MIA so I shot with medium format film and a Holga the whole trip. I guarantee that about 50% of my images won't turn out, but those that do will look pretty awesome with characteristics of the film and Holga border. At least, that's what I tell myself for comfort.

Comments