Southern accent update
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been pretty grouchy and down for the last week, but I'm feeling like my normal self now.
I gave a tour to a group of international reporters today - which was fun. There were representatives from Nigeria, Hungary, Greece, U.K., Italy, etc... Those of you who wonder when I will pick up a southern accent will find it interesting that the man from Hungary, with his own thick accent, thinks I already have one. He didn't believe that I've only lived in the south for 8 months, because of my drawl. I didn't realize I have one - maybe I still don't and he just was confused, or maybe I do.... I think it changes depending on who I'm speaking with. So I can't win - either people think I have a southern drawl, or talk like a california valley girl. Whatever.
I gave a tour to a group of international reporters today - which was fun. There were representatives from Nigeria, Hungary, Greece, U.K., Italy, etc... Those of you who wonder when I will pick up a southern accent will find it interesting that the man from Hungary, with his own thick accent, thinks I already have one. He didn't believe that I've only lived in the south for 8 months, because of my drawl. I didn't realize I have one - maybe I still don't and he just was confused, or maybe I do.... I think it changes depending on who I'm speaking with. So I can't win - either people think I have a southern drawl, or talk like a california valley girl. Whatever.

Comments