Moon River
Self-portrait with Scott and Leo in the backround. We are walking on a trail at Skidaway Island State Park.Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.
Anyway, it gets stuck in my head every time we drive over the bridge. We also live on the same square as the Mercer Williams House, which was Johnny's family home - although he never lived there. But back to walking along Moon River...
We took Leo on his first real nature walk - he LOVED it. I think he thought we had put out a million toys for him - pinecones, rocks, leaves, grass, bugs, sand, sticks, etc... He turned a 1 mile trail into 3 by running up ahead of us and back behind as far as his leash would stretch. I wonder how he will like running in a big fenced in field someday?
It's also cold now, so we had to put in sweater on him - don't worry, it is manly. He also has a puffy vest that matches Scott's puffy jacket. Now I need one!



Comments