"We love You" books completed

All the hours I spend creating books for my grandparents, with the help of my family - especially my mom, paid off. Santa delivered Grandpa and Grandma Cleaver their books on Christmas Eve after all the great-grandkids recieved their gifts.

The most rewarding moments were hearing my mom read the introductions and watching everyone in the room get teary-eyed. It's touching to hear the details of your grandparents life; to read about their younger years and see all that they have accomplished sitting in their home now. Almost all of the Cleavers were there when we gave Grandpa and Grandma Cleaver their books.

It was also rewarding to see the rest of my family finally understand how special the books are. I think this whole time they thought I was pasting and gluing onto notebook paper in a 3-ring binder. Yes, a hardbound book with a cover and glossy pages looks much better.


I gave Grandpa and Grandma Wright their versions before Christmas dinner the next day. I opened Grandma's for her, since she wasn't able to. Then mom read the introduction out loud. It's the story of how them met, and I could read it every day. I owe a lot to the fact that my Grandma preferred sailors to soldiers!

One special moment happened over an hour later, after dinner. My grandma leaned across the table and thanked me for her book, saying it meant so much to her. This sounds simple, but if you knew how Alzheimer's and depression grips my grandma's mind, you'd realize this was a little miracle - or a tender mercy.

Now I need to order my own copy! If anyone else wants one, just leave me a comment or email and I will send you the link.

Comments

Most Read