What I've been up to...

Here is what I've been up to lateley:

1.) Rubbing elbows with celebrities.... sort of. I worked at the Savannah Film Festival, so I met Tommy Lee Jones (old, deaf, grumpy - yet strangely endearing); Liev Schrieber (He made eye contact with me from across the room at a party - ooo!); and some other random people like Bruce Dern, Rex Reed and - my favorite - D.B. Sweeney (Yes, he was the ice skater in "Cutting Edge")

2.) My online writing class...I finished my first online writing class this week. I am quite proud of myself for doing it without teachers, grades, and a degree as my motivation. My friend Catharine and I signed up for another one that started on Wednesday. We've also started our own little writing club - consisting of me and her. Maybe someday we'll meed someone else who is nerdy enough to join.

3.) Scott's finals....Who said I don't have to worry about finals anymore? Scott has beens so busy with projects and even though I don't have anything to do with them I feel stressed just watching him work so hard. He has pulled several all nighters this month and I'm not sure that it is over yet. But they've all been worth it - he is doing awesome in school.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so funny that you were hobnobbing at a film festival...I just did something similar (but our celebraties weren't as big). My work just had the Mayor's International Dinner a week and a half ago and Janine Taylor (from Northern Exposure) and Phylicia Rashad (Claire from the Cosby show) were there. The only reason they came though was because we were making a big announcement that Fort Worth is going to start a International Film Festival next year...so if you happen to run into Tommy Lee again sometime soon shoo him over to cowtown for us! I agree that we, as rookie-southerners, should find time to get togetyher sometime soon. I know I'd love to see Georgia sometime or if we found somewhere to meet halfway it'd only be a 7 hour drive each...not bad!

Most Read