Thanksgiving Menu

I made my first pie Thursday.

I'm still beaming with pride about it, too. Too bad I didn't think to take a picture and document the moment. But don't worry, I'll be making more for Thanksgiving. This is one of the first years I won't be around ANY family for Thanksgiving. So, I'm finding myself in a new role. It is up to me to carry the traditions I love from my family. Here is how I will be celebrating (eating) this Thanksgiving.

- Scott and I are spending the weekend with the Van Hooses in Pensacola. Jenna is going to teach me how to bake a Turkey and I'm going to make:

- Cranberry Sauce: I first did this with my sister-in-law Kirsten several years ago. We just used the recipe off the bag of cranberries. It tastes good and also reminds me of her.

- Noodles: You simply can't have Thanksgiving or Christmas without Grandma Cleaver's noodles. It is not an option. Mine may not taste as good, but I'm young and have years to improve.

- Rolls: Terry, Scott's mom, makes the best rolls EVER! I wish she was here to make them for us, but I'll try my best without her.

- Pumpkin and Pecan pies: My grandma always made a about 10 pies every Thanksgiving. Same with the noodles, it doesn't feel like a holiday without them.

Yum! Now does that sound like a good time or what? Thanks to my mom for sharing all the recipes with me that I don't have. She's my own personal Betty Crocker.

Comments

Most Read