Toasts and Calamari!!





Toasts and Calamari!

My work's Christmas Party, which was also my first cocktail party, was a success. Scott and I had a little trouble with traffic getting there, but it was worth the drive. It was at this restaurant called Foreign Cinema off of Mission. Pretty cool place - there are three dining rooms. One is outside with a foreign film shown on the brick building that serves as a wall. Our dining room had a few tables, but was mainly open for standing and chatting with large paintings on the wall.

The servers brought out appetizers - most of which were too risky to eat. At one point, someone recommended the Calamari. It would have been awkward to refuse, so I actually gagged it down. Ugh!

They brought out the main dishes on little plates, we almost missed that we were moving on do the main course. Excellent Chicken and Steak. Then they served flourless chocolate cake for desert, along with cookies, and this really good pudding.

It was weird to see people at work get sooo drunk. In a way, I enjoyed feeling like I could be as dumb as I wanted because no one would remember the next day, or just attribute it to me being drunk like them. I didn't have to hold such a tight reign on my personality, like I sometimes feel the need to at work.

On the flip side, I lost a little respect for some people. It was really gross to see them loose so much control and be rude. It was the influence of alcohol, but still...

We left around 11 p.m. and had a good laugh at everything on the way home.

Comments

Most Read