Happy 31st Birthday to me!

Leo, me and my friend's sweet baby Nora, relaxing with friends while the kids play on Sunday evening .
I celebrated my 31st birthday this week, which must mean I'm officially an adult. I tried to make one of those lists where I share 31 things I'm going to do this year. I didn't make it very far, but this is what I've got so far:

31 Things to do while I'm 31
1. Learn to Paddle board (check!)
2. Go to a Drive-in Movie this summer
3. Camp at Jenny Lake in Teton National Park
4. Do 25 pull ups (I'm not sure about this one...)
5. Teach my boys how to use their Lacrosse sticks that are sitting in the garage
6. Remember how to use my Lacrosse stick
7. Learn one new thai recipe that we like
8. Finish my Christmas quilt
9. Finish my picnic quilt
10. Learn how to do a wishbone braid (check)
11. 

This year was also special because my mom was in town visiting. Sadly, I did a horrible job of taking pictures with her here - there is no photo to prove it. She was here, though. And she did a million nice things for me - like bringing my brown grass back to life, washing dishes, watching my boys and letting me have a day to myself.

My actual birthday was Monday, but I knew Scott would have to work then so we started celebrating on Saturday. And because one day goes by too fast, it was really a four day affair. 

Saturday

Lucas swimming in his shark, playing with his friend Lacey. He has cupcake frosting on his nose!
On Saturday I invited some friends to go swim with us at Rainbow Lake in Rexburg. The lake has a wakeboard thingy that Scott likes, paddle boards to rent and a sandy beach. It took a while to get in the water, thanks to the wind, but eventually it got hot enough that even the wind couldn't stop us. 

Jamie and I paddling at Rainbow Lake for my birthday.
Scott, my awesome friend Jamie, and I rented paddle boards for the first time. They were pretty quick to stand up, but I took my time. I was so nervous! We paddled over to a smooth section near the shore and I finally stood. My legs shook, but I didn't fall off. I eventually felt comfortable with it and really enjoyed paddling around. I'd love to go back and do it again sometime.

Sunday

Lucas, Soren and I waiting in the foyer before going into Sacrament meeting. 

We were pretty wiped out from our beach fun the day before, but we went to church like usual in the morning. Soren is pretty awesome at sneaking naps whenever he wants. He is really perfecting the skill.



That evening, Soren's friend Ellie drove on over in her new ride to say hi. The kids had fun driving it around while the rest of us relaxed. I love Sundays!

Monday

Soren and Lucas getting used to their new ride. 

Monday was my actual birthday and it was kind of a weird day. Instead of spending it pampering myself, we drove 6 hours with kids (and my mom stuck in the middle of the backseat) to check out a new car.

Because I'm behind on blogging, I haven't shared yet how Scott's car died on us. We went from a two car family to one car very quickly. Luckily, my mom came to town right after it happened. I say luckily because if she weren't here, it would have been a really rough time for us. Scott needed to be driven to work at 6:40 a.m. every morning and picked up at 11 p.m. at night. If she had not been here, I would have had to do that with my sleepy boys. I can't imagine the crankiness!

Also because she was here, we were able to quickly work out a new car situation. On my birthday, we drove down to Bountiful, Utah to check out a Toyota Highlander. We had high hopes. After a long day of Scott working with the car dealer and mechanics while my mom and I watched the boys at McDonald's, we were able to drive it home. A big thanks to all our Wheeler/Wood family who came to visit us at McDonald's and keep the boys entertained. It made the day extra special for us.


Its so nice to have extra room and AIR CONDITIONING!!! Yay!

Tuesday
My mom watched the kids for me so I could do whatever I wanted. I decided on a pedicure at my favorite place - #1 Nail's near Walmart. Lol. Fancy, I know. Then I enjoyed a peaceful trip to the library, looking only at books outside of the children's section. So wonderful!

After the library I treated myself to lunch with a delicious Berries and Nuts Salad and some soup. Then spent the afternoon trying to find a new summer outfit. The shopping almost erased my relaxation from the morning, but it was nice to find some new shorts and tops.

Now it is Wednesday and my mom has left me :( We miss her already. Hopefully we will see her again soon since she is at my sister's in Utah and we are planning on driving back down there next week. Summer is always so busy!

And that is my 31st birthday.


Comments

Unknown said…
Yay for another car! And happy 31st!
Paul and Susan said…
You had quite an eventful 31st birthday! I was glad I could be there with you and Scott and the boys. It gave me lots of wonderful memories to treasure.

Most Read