My family 2 years ago today
Lucas still had one week before his official due date, but a little adrenaline rush started my labor early. My neighbor Tia and I were on a walk with our kids and my dog Leo, when a rather intimidating dog in our neighborhood broke off his chain and charged us. My mama bear instincts switched to high gear. Forgetting I was nine months pregnant, I threw myself between the oncoming dog and my dog, yelling like a banshee. It worked, I scared him off.
After the adrenaline went away, I started to feel wierd. The last thing I ate was a root beer snow cone at the park. Enter the WORST HEARTBURN EVERRRRRRR. After that, I couldn't keep anything down. My water broke that evening. We went to the hospital and four hour later.......
Lucas was born! I remember he was so angry to be interrupted from his nice, warm nap in the womb. But oh, he was so sweet and cuddly. Even though I'd done this once before, I was still shocked to actually be holding my own baby.

I love this picture. And as I look at it again, two years later, I love it even more. Lucas still looks just like that when he sleeps. His lips and chin don't look quite as newbornish, but its the same peaceful expression with the turned down lips.
Lucas was born after Soren was asleep for the night, so he was surprised to find me gone in the morning. It is the only night that he has been away from me... I hope to change that soon (Hint to husband.....). My brother and his wife took care of him for us. Soren is a little older than Lucas is now in these pictures.
Soren has always been a good brother. Not to say he hasn't had his mischievous or grumpy moments, but he is always concerned about his brother.










Comments