Big engine detector

Lucas, Leo and I watching a train pass by our porch, which is one of Lucas' favorite activities.
Lucas has built-in, big engine radar. He is the first to spot large trucks, tractors, trains or construction equipment. Its amazing how many big engines are around us that I've never noticed before this boy came along. He's sees a dozen trucks on every drive we go on - even if its just from our house to the grocery store.

We live near train tracks and I've learned to tune out the sounds. But Lucas hears every engine. He will run over to me shouting "Train! Train! Train!" and pull me by my finger to the window. We will sit and watch and say things like "OOOOoo. Big Train," or "Cool train!"

Even Leo runs to the window to watch. I don't think he knows what he is watching, but believes it must be really cool by the reaction of his people.


Comments

Bree said…
So cute. Love that you recorded a simple, everyday moment that will be such a fun memory in the future. :)

Most Read