Let it snow
![]() |
| Scott and I near Island Park Reservoir (its behind us covered in Snow). We had just explored the area around the cabin on snowmobile. |
Needless to say, my boys love snow. And miraculously, their passion has become contagious to me.
Ever since my first winter in college, I've hated snow. I had left my nice, mild Washington climate and entered a frozen world of -12 with wind and ice.
Snow lost its magic. Ever since, I've dreaded winters in Idaho. It has gotten so bad, that this year I found myself dealing with some Seasonal Depression once summer disappeared.
![]() |
| Soren yelling at us to hurry up and take the picture so we can go down the hill already. This was his first time sledding and he loved it (but loved the snowmobiles more). |
What has happened to me?!
I guess I know the answer to that - we found the snow magic. For the first time since I was 17, I feel giddy when it snows.
![]() |
| Lucas and Scott parked in front of the cabin we rented with my family for Christmas. Lucas was NOT a fan of snowmobiles, but he did like face-planting in the snow (not his red face). |
![]() |
| The boys shoveling our walkway with their new shovels from Christmas. |
Earlier this week while shopping in Idaho Falls, I had to make a mad dash across the grocery store to use the bathroom. Usually I do that for my recently potty-trained child, but this time it was for me (embarrassing, I know!) Both my boys came into the stall with me, because they are little and that is what we do. I picked the huge handicap stall to give them a little space, but they still crowded right around me.
Soren was watching from behind, which I didn't realize. And made a very loud observation for every one else in the bathroom to hear:
"Mom, I sure like your poop," he said. And if that weren't embarrasing enough, he continued talking. "It looks pretty cool. I like it because it is so big."
Thanks, buddy. That was awesome.
And while admitting embarrasing stories, here is another one that involves Lucas.
He likes cars and has discovered his version of the perfect parking spot for them - my bra! He just tucks them in whenever he is in my arms. One day, I didn't even realize I was walking around with three race cars until night time.
Oh, those boys.





Comments