weird pregnancy things

I am 30 weeks along and haven't taken a single belly shot! Oops!

Honestly, I'm okay with that. I'd rather have cute pictures of my baby than of me with a big belly. I've had too many surprised reactions to the fact that I still have 2 months left lately. I don't need pictures to confirm that I look very pregnant.

Compared to my pregnancy with Soren, I feel just about the same except for a couple things:

- My heartburn/indigestion is a little better. But this could be due to the fact that I am better about taking Pepcid AC and downing the tums.

- No leg cramps that wake me up in the middle of the night. I think this also has to do with the Tums. My midwife was saying there is a recent study on how magnesium helps with the cramps and there is magnesium in Tums. I take about 4 every night - so there you go.

- I'm crazy about certain smells. This is the weirdest difference I've experienced so far. My friend Kendra used to tell me about how when she was pregnant, she would sit with a box of powder laundry detergent and sift through it with her hands for the smell. I laughed at her and thought she was crazy. Now I take it back - I completely understand. Here are some smells that I L-O-V-E as a crazy, 30-week-pregnant woman:
  • The new-rubber-building smell at the BYU-Idaho Center. I am motivated to walk the indoor track, just to smell the building. That's how extreme this is - I WANT to work out just for the smell
  • The steamy-hot-cotton smell from ironing fabric. I discovered this while sewing last week. I could have just ironed all night for that hot cotton smell. 
  • The smell of Gain, my dish soap. This has been a motivational smell - it helps me finish washing my dishes. I was evening motivated to wash them this morning, despite wanting to crawl back in bed. 
  • The smell of new paper - specifically, the smell of a new pack of playing cards. Scott was able to get me to learn a new game he liked, just because I wanted to smell the cards. And so the whole two hours, I inhaled the new card smell and was completely happy.
Those are the main smells I can think of. Being pregnant is such a funny thing sometimes. Besides enjoying my keen sense of smell, I've loved feeling the baby move. I think he is a little more active than Soren.

Soren is just starting to notice he can't sit on my lap the same. When we read stories in the evening, one of us is constantly readjusting. Its kind of funny to watch him figure out how to sit - until he decides to rest his elbow on it. Then it hurts pretty good until we can readjust again.

Anyway, I am very grateful to be so healthy and have such a healthy pregnancy. I hope this keeps up :)

Comments

Meghan Stuart said…
I was just thinking I was missing some belly shots. I remember with Soren you took all those photos with fruit to show how big he was. I kinda miss it! Glad you're healthy - looking forward to meeting baby #2. Any progress with the name?
Lindsay said…
i remember those obsessive smells. One of my favorites was Big Five, the sports equipment store. LOVED the smells of all the rubber goods and things. hehe
Lisa Brown said…
The smells thing is hilarious! You will love remembering all these crazy things :).
Paul and Susan said…
That is pretty funny about the things you like to smell. I never experienced that with my pregnancies. Maybe that is better than food cravings?
Katie said…
Weird-- it's not even flowers or fruit-- soap, rubber-- new cards-- sounds like you have a "clean smell fix!"

Most Read