Yes, I'm pregnant

Yes, I'm pregnant. I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday, which means I'm about done with this pukey-couch-potato first trimester.

Actually, it hasn't been too bad. I remember feeling a lot worse with Soren. During my first trimester with him, I lost about 10 lbs from being so sick. This time around, I've still gained weight despite my frequent 10 a.m. sick spells.

And this might be a little too much information, but Soren isn't even phased by throwing up. I thought that he would be traumatized, but he thinks its the funniest thing - like mama is playing a game or something. He will go up to the toilet and pretend to spit in it and then look at me and laugh. I think it is so funny!

So my official due date is May 21. We have to wait another 6 weeks for the official ultrasound, telling us its a boy or girl. However, my midwife said she would do an ultrasound at my next appointment just for fun. I'll be about 17 weeks by then.

I'm pretty impressed with you all for picking up on me being pregnant in my last post. I know what I said was pretty obvious, but I honestly didn't think anyone would read that far down. Or at all - since I hadn't posted in so long. I felt pretty good to know that you all cared enough to read! It sure made me day.

Comments

Kara said…
I'm excited for you guys!
I read your last post After you told me you were expecting. I wonder if I would have guessed if I hadn't known before reading... I don't know!

(it's getting so that anytime I mention anything, people guess that I'm pregnant... sometimes I suppose people think we're nuts. oh well...)
CONGRATS!!!! Sooooo excited to be an aunt again!

Love you guys!
Lindsay said…
Wahoo!!! Soren will have a younger sibling!!

Congratulations! Sorry about being sick and whatnot. Not fun. At least you've got Soren making it a good time :) Can't wait to see you guys around Christmas!
Katie said…
Congratulations!!!!
Katie said…
congratulations and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
The Clifts said…
Congratulations! Soren is going to LOVE having a brother or sister.
Lisa Brown said…
Congrats!!! And Lily used to copy my gagging when I was pregnant with Derek - pretty funny :).
Darlene Swapp said…
yeah I'm so excited for you guys! Our babes will only be 4 mos apart! Congrats, and I hope you start feeling better very soon!
Jessica Marie said…
Yeah for baby #2!!! Congrats!!!
Paul and Susan said…
Soren is so funny, I'm glad your throwing up doesn't phase him. If he were throwing up it would be another story!
Britni Jean said…
hooray! yes, i saw from your blog that you were pregnant. i am just a slacker at leaving comments and i've been SO sick this time around. i have your blog on save to leave you a congrats comment! so congrats! i am due may 19th. so the same time! how cool!

Most Read