Strawberry season

Soren picking strawberries from my parent's garden. We loved picking/eating strawberries.

We survived flying to Seattle in June. Three weeks and 30 lbs of Strawberries later, Soren and I are back home and happily reunited with Scott and Leo. During that time, we had lots of fun and adventures including:
- Taking Soren to the same parks to play as my mom took me.
- Visiting Andrea and her chickens.
- Playing at the beach with Michelle and kids
- Sewing stuff for my new nephew
- Becoming an Aunt!
- Learning how to make my family's strawberry jam (yummm!)
- Working on projects with my dad
- Scoping out Fort Worden
- Playing with Soren all over the house and yard.
- Spending lots of time visiting with my parents and dinner with my Grandpa.
- Soren making me learn to shoot basketball hoops for his entertainment
- Flying to Spokane to visit friends in Coeur d'Alene (that flight was SOO much better than the first).
- Catching up with Brian and Jenna in Coeur d'Alene.
- Soren had his first ride at an amusement park (Helicopters - and he hated it. But he loved the elephant ride with me).
- Reuniting with Scott. Jenna's mom was so sweet and watched Soren so we could go on a date.
- Watching fireworks on the lake (Thanks to the boys for going 4 hours early to pick a good spot).
- Soren turned 18 months on July 2nd.
- Driving 7.5 hours home with a cranky toddler - and having the last 3.5 hours be in the middle of NO WHERE.


While we were in Washington, one of my favorite things to do with Soren was pick fresh strawberries from my parent's garden. The first time we did it, he could have cared less. The second time he began picking his own, shoving them into his mouth - stem and leaves included. Red juice would dribble down his chin and it would take him forever to finish chewing. He'd smile and then  go grab another one. Then he'd come up to me and eat them from my basket. Somehow, he'd always end up with the biggest, reddest and most ripe from my basket. However, he wasn't so picky pulling them. Half the time, they were still green. Also, he won't eat them cut up - only whole.


It's up there on the "cutest things EVER" list.

Its been near the top of the list and today he added another one. We were going inside the grocery store right as it started pouring. Water was running down the parking lot and it looked like there were bubbles in the puddles. Soren was so excited. He looked at me and pulled his binky out to say "Bubba". Just the way he says it makes me heart melt. I love hearing all his new words. He adds so many everyday.

Now to teach him "Strawberry".

Comments

Restless Mama said…
How cute! Aidan still calls strawberries apples or any other red fruit.
I'm so happy you had a great time back at home. Wish we could see you in August. xo
Bree said…
I'm sooo happy you posted!!! But so sad because I couldn't get the pics to come up. :(
I cannot believe Soren is 18 months!! Nursery--woo hoo!!! :) Glad you could do so many fun things during your visit home!
Anonymous said…
I love that he is starting to talk! How exciting is that?!

And I couldn't get the pictures to come up either. :(
Paul and Susan said…
I don't know why your pictures won't show. I'm glad Soren loved the strawberries so much. We have lots of good memories of the time with both of you.

Most Read