Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 27th birthday and it is the first one that almost feels old. Its kind of weird. However, I've decided that no matter what age I am, I will always be excited for a day that is all about me and doing what I want. Age-smage.

The picture above is me in Nursery with a bunch of boys. I was the only girl my age for a long time. Soren just started going to Nursery and it has been so fun to spy on him outside the door. I love seeing what he does when I'm not around. The first day, I watched him sit in a chair and color - just like a big boy! I'll admit, I cried. Then he started eating the crayon and I laughed.

Anyway, I am supposed to get dressed to leave for some surprise at 9:30 a.m. Then afterwards we are going on a hike. I'm looking forward to a nice day with my boys.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I was JUST thinking about you and wanted to call and say happy bday, but figured you might be busy with some fun plans...sounds like you will be! Enjoy your day!! :)
Anonymous said…
Oops...you know that was me! ;)
Bree
Happy Birthday!
What a CUTE photo!
27? You are such a baby....
I know you'll have a sweet day with your boys.
Lots of love.
Happy, Happy Birthday, Melissa,dear... happy days will come to you all year, if I had a wish then it would be.... a happy, happy birthday to you from me!!!

Hope your day is GREAT!
Happy Birthday!!! You were such a cute little girl! So funny to see this picture with Ryan in it. haha
Heather said…
Who are the boys? They are so cute!
Jamie Anderson said…
I hope you know that I was thinking about you all day and I tried to call! I hope you had a wonderful day and I am excited to celebrate with you :) Happy Birthday!!!
britni jean said…
melissa you are so cute! then and now! happy birthday! i hope your day was great!
Anonymous said…
Happy Belated Birthday! I was thinking about you the other day and wanted to throw you a party, and now I know why...I was subconsciously remembering your birthday! 27th was my hardest b/c I finally felt old, but this year I feel young, weird huh?
Paul and Susan said…
Where have the years gone? It was just a little while ago I was taking you to nursery, and now you have a little one to take to nursery. I wish I could slow down time...
Lisa Brown said…
Happy late birthday! That has to be the cutest picture of you :). And I had such a great time with you a few weeks ago - thanks for coming down to see me!!

Most Read