Jones Street

My favorite part of Saturday mornings is walking Leo. During the week, dragging myself out of bed 20 minutes earlier to take him out is such a chore, but not during the weekend. Its my day to wander around Savannah and drink in all its historic beauty. The other day I brought my camera and took a couple pictures. Here are a few of them - I'll definitely post more later after I re shoot. I feel like most of what I took didn't do the area justice.

But one thing is for certain - how could you not want to visit Savannah when you see how beautiful it is? You can take the worst pictures and the town still shines.

This is the brass knocker on my buildings door. Don't you love it? There are decorative lions all over Savannah... and I'm not really sure why. There are also a lot of pineapple embellishments...if you know why, please share!
This picture isn't supposed to be this dark -oops! I'll fix it an post it again later. I love all the old oaks around here! Leo loves them too - they have covered every inch of ground with acorns. He gets a snack whenever we go outside.

Guess how hot it was yesterday? 100F!!!! And it's the end of September! But it is nice out today. I am working on some projects and heading off to watch the General Relief Society Broadcast this evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, photosafari on Jones street coming up soon.
Jessica Marie said…
Hey, I like the pictures! Your town looks very beautiful and it does make me want to come out and visit someday! I love the old style buildings. They have so much character!
Bree said…
Mel it was SO great to talk to you the other day! Thanks!! We should really catch up more often! Love these pictures. I am so jealous of your artistic eye!
P.S. I wish I could visit you!!
Lisa Brown said…
Love the pics! I want to wander around and take pictures sometime . . . I have got to do that. Maybe I'll get a babysitter and we can got together. Oh, and I remember watching a travel channel thing on Savannah and they talked about the pineapples, but I can't remember what they said for the life of me. Oh well.

Most Read