Thanksgiving follow-up: Trip to Pensacola

This is a catch up post - as I have all these fun pictures from Thanksgiving that I want to share. Scott and I drove down to Pensacola after work the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It was about an 8 hour drive, because we took back roads to avoid traffic. We listened to a Patrick O'Brien book on CD - it makes the time go by much faster.

I had made my food before hand, so there wasn't too much work on Thanksgiving day. We had our meal at a friend of Brian and Jenna's, who had a 26 lb. turkey. Yum


This is my pride and joy - my very own Southern Pecan Pie. It was delicious and received lots of compliments. I have confidence to try making even more pies now.

This is a photo of my noodles in the drying stage. For my first time, they turned out pretty good.

We went out to H2O on Pensacola Beach for Jenna's birthday. We were celebrating it a few days later, because she had to have a little surgery on her bday. To give her some privacy - I'll just leave it at that and say she is pretty tough girl.

Here are Brian and Scott trying to kite board when there is not enough wind. They also did a little shark fishing and accidentally snagged a Sting Ray - don't worry, they let it go.

While they were being beach bums, Jenna and I had a little shopping spree at an outlet mall. She's great to shop with! I forget about being frugal and cheap and just have fun. My wardrobe is much improved, thanks to her. Not to mention, she helped me find a hairstylist - so I have a new 'do.

That was our trip to Pensacola! I miss Jenna already! We are planning a shopping trip to Atlanta in January (hopefully). We both have weddings to look good for in the new year.

Comments

Most Read