From Sea to Shining Sea, and everything inbetween
Whoa - I waited way to long to update this. Since it takes to long to write about two missed months that includes a famiy reunion, drive across the country, and other miscellaneous adventures I will just list the highlights.
- I turned 23, Scott refurbished a kitchen hutch for me.
- We found out my Grandma Cleaver has Brain Cancer
- We had a Wright famiy reunion in Millbrae Aug. 4,5,6 During which I raced Nascar GoKarts, visited with family (Grandpa told us all how to make poor kid toys - like hockey pucks out of tuna cans and darts out of matches), sang in a quartet for my grandma, hiked with Darlene and enjoyed lots of laughs and hugs.
My family outside of the chapel where my grandpa served as a Bishop in Millbrae, a long long time ago.Next...
- Ugh - then we packed for the move. It wouldn't have happened without my mom, she is a pro.
- We hit the road and left Clayton.
- First night was in Vegas at the Stratosphere, Second night in St. George with Scott's Grandparents (whom I had never met). Jeff and Jana took us out to breakfast the next day. We left via Zion's Park and headed to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Then Stayed the night with Mick in Pheonix. After that, the days blur together as we spent hours in the car listening to books on tape. We did stop in Oklahoma City, Okmulgee (hometown of Scott's Grandpa Parks), Little Rock our favorite - MEMPHIS! Where we saw Sun Records Studios and Graceland
- Our fears of being homeless quickly disapeared in Savannah as the Weller's opened their home for us and then we found an apartment.
- We visited Brian and Jenna Van Hoose in Florida before moving in (which included lots of trips to the beach, kite boarding and lifetime movies)
- Scott started school and is getting into the swing of things
- I almost got a job... but didn't. But I did begin an online writing class which fills my heart with joy!
- We are making friends!!!!
- I experienced my first all-night scrapbooking party (and actually survived with decent pages)
Well, that about brings us up to date :)


Comments