50 questions swap (a.k.a - Way too much info about me)

source
1  Describe your perfect day:
I wake up to sunshine and birds singing. My family is home and we decide to drive out to explore a new place in the mountains. We spend the day picking our favorite new spots, eat a picnic and make happy memories. Pick some berries and flowers, play in the water, climb logs and rocks, take pictures, find old buildings, watch a sunset and star gaze as we drive home.

2  What would be the first thing you bought if you won the lottery?
Plane tickets to Europe and Tahiti.



 

3  What's something on your TO DO list that never gets done?
Cleaning my Basement! (Those pictures are how I dream it could look, but really its just covered with boxes and toys strewn across the floor.)




A combination of two t.v. loves - if only! (source)
4  Do you binge watch any TV shows? Which ones?
Um....YES! I will binge watch sitcoms that make me laugh - like New Girl, How I met your mother and Miranda (the BBC one). I will also binge watch K-dramas. Most recently I watched Healer and Oh My Venus. I also like to binge watch Dr. Who (if my husband will agree to watch it with me because I get spooked alone) and any other BBC show I'm currently into on Hulu or Netflix. And if I have access to the Hallmark channel, I like to binge on their murder mystery shows. 





Source and Recipe. This looks delicious to me!
5  What is your favorite kind of sandwich?
Turkey with cranberry and avocado. OR Turkey with pesto and balsamic reduction. Grilled cheese on sourdough is also pretty awesome.



My sister and I with our boys, visiting our parents in Washington several years ago. 
6  What do you most appreciate in life?
The memories I have with my grandparent's before they passed away and current memories I can make with my family when we are able to visit. My parents and siblings are all 15 hours west of me. 



7  If you could be a celebrity for the day who would you pick?
Probably Kate Middleton - so I can know when it would be like to become a princess. I grew up dreaming of being Princess Di. But I'd trade out William for my own Scott. 


8  What was your favorite toy when you were young?
Barbies! Most especially Skipper. 


9  What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Independence Day!


10           If your life was a novel what would the title be?
"Knowledge and Mishaps"



Vegas and me in 2010. I will choose to stay in the hotel room rather than ride an elevator by myself if stairs aren't an option. Until my husband starts testing me, then I"ll buck up and deal with it. 
11           Do you have any strange or unique phobias? If so, what are they?
I am claustrophobic and have a hard time riding elevators. I used to work in an older building in San Francisco, where taking the stairs wasn't an option. The hardest part of my day was riding the elevator! I would stare at my phone the whole time. If I looked at the floor numbers changing I would start panicking because they were moving too slowly and I was afraid of getting stuck. When I was pregnant, I just refused to ride any elevators. I was convinced I would get stuck and go into labor. And when my boys were babies I would take strollers on escalators just to avoid the elevator (which is way more dangerous!). I have figured out a few coping tricks since then, but I'd rather use the stairs. 

12           What were some nicknames you had growing up?
Soccer nickname: Smiles
Girl's camp nickname: Crazy Daisy
Dumb Jr. High nickname: Cleavage (my maiden name is Cleaver)
Friend nickname: Mel, Mel-C, 
Family nickname: Miss Eliss (from my nephew, who couldn't pronounce my name when he was little)


13           What is something that you absolutely love about yourself?
I already mentioned my hair earlier. I also love my smile.



         


14           What lifts your spirits after a long, crappy day?
Watching 'New Girl' or reading a really good fantasy novel. And eating chocolate ice cream. 

15           What do you wish you did more of?
Creative writing. 


16           If you could have a superpower what would it be?
To blink or wiggle my nose and have my house clean.


17           What's your favorite quote?
Here are a few of my favorites:


 





18           Do you have a stop-phrase? (word or sentence you often say/ use)
I’m not sure – I probably say “That’s awesome” way too much.

19           What is your favorite smell?
I love the smell of fresh lavender and fresh basil.

20           What is a goal you would like to set for yourself?
To pay off my student loans by 2019.

21           What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My hair – I like its color. Its brown with red/gold highlights when the sun shines on it. I also like my eyes because they change in the light.

22           Do you have any creative outlets? If so, what do you enjoy?
Yes, I have a couple creative outlets, depending on my mood. I like to choose between playing the piano, writing, watercolors and embroidery. Does shopping at craft stores count as a creative outlet? Because I like to do that too. 

23           What is a creepy story or legend you were told as a child that still gets to you today?
Saying “Bloody Mary” three times in front of a mirror in the dark makes her haunt you. We still did it anyway and then ran away screaming.

24           Since we're in October, what is the creepiest dream (nightmare) you've ever had?
When I was a kid, I used to dream I was stuck in my grandma’s creepy doll house and the big bad wolf was at the front door. It sounds silly now, but it was terrifying. I still get creeped out thinking about it. And it was the only dream I’ve had multiple times!



25           What's your favorite color?
I really like reds, yellows, teals and pinks.

26           What is your favorite thing to bake/cook?
I like to bake any form of bread – because I love how it smells and tastes.


Source
27           Where is the most beautiful place you've been too?
The most beautiful place I have been to is hiking around Mount Rainier in Washington State. The second most beautiful place is Teton National Park.

28           Which do you prefer: Toilet paper roll begins on top or bottom?
I definitely prefer having the toilet paper roll from the top. I don’t get having it roll at the bottom.

29           What is the very first thing you do in the morning - other than brush teeth, shower, eat, etc.?
Read news on my phone, wake my boys and give them hugs, make them breakfast and pack their lunches. Then I go workout at the gym, listening to an audio book or favorite music. Then I do whatever is on my list for the day.


Source
30           If you could somehow turn into an animal on will, which animal would you choose and why?
Probably a wolf, because they can run fast and are pretty cool.

31           What is your favorite childhood memory?
One of my favorite childhood memories is traveling with my grandparents and cousins to the mountains to build a family cabin. They had the cousins and me work for a little bit, but then we would run off to explore the woods. I loved following the deer paths and finding beautiful new places. We would also dig for treasure and cow bones, look for poisonous bugs and play Murder in the dark.



32           Who is your celebrity look-alike?
The Adams family movie and Casper came out when I was a teenager. I have been told ever since then that I look like Christina Ricci. Although, I don’t think I look as much liker her now that we’ve both grown up.


33           If you could time travel to any point in history, where would you go and why?
I’m torn between which ancient civilizations I’d like to see first. I’d be fascinated to visit Ancient Greece or go even earlier to see the Minoans.


34           Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself working more as a freelance writer than I do now. I’d love to own my own business. I also see myself living in a warmer place, too :)

35           What is your least favorite thing to do?
My least favorite things to do is clean out the frying pan after frying bacon and the grease to harden. Lol. I don’t know why I dread it so much, but I do! I guess I have a pretty good life if that is it. Oh – I also hate waking up in the winter to leave my warm bed.



36           Do you have any pets? If yes what are their type and names? If no do you want pets and why?
I have two pets: a dog named Leo and cat named Kiki. Leo is a whippet who is turning 10 years old on Halloween. He is the best snuggle buddy and walking companion a girl could ask for. I also have a cat named Kiki. She looks like a Russian Blue. Her personality is till growing on me. We’ve only had her for about 8 months. In that time she gave birth to six kittens (two black and four white). We recently found a home for the last kitten and had Kiki spayed. The real concern with her is that she is not nice to Leo. I’m hoping it was her maternal instinct and that she will get more comfortable with him now that her kittens are gone. 

37           What do you do to help set goals/motivate yourself?
I write them down in my planner with a deadline, hold myself accountable to a friend and reward myself with shopping.

38           What kind of car do you drive - If you don't have a car what kind do you want?
I drive a white Toyota highlander

39           What type of food is served at your favorite restaurant?
My favorite restaurant is called the Snakebite. They have the BEST waffle fries with ranch dressing. I also LOVE their spinach and salmon salad, fish tacos and huckleberry Italian sodas.

40           Did you ever have a paranormal experience?
I’ve had spiritual experiences where family members who have passed were comforting me.
41           Since Halloween is soon, what foods would you serve your guests at your Halloween party and how would you entertain them?
I’d make everyone bring an appetizer or desert and we would do karaoke. I’d make a big Halloween decorated chocolate cake and frost it with spider webs.


42           What is one thing that you do/did that made you proud?
Asking for a raise from a very intimidating person. And I got it!

43           What is one thing that you did that made you regret?
Once I had a job in a different state and I wasn’t very patient with a coworker who was dealing with some pretty serious anxiety issues. I moved and experiences my own mental health problems. I get it now! I really regret not being more patient or offering her more friendship. At that same job I also butt heads with a coworker and now regret not being more patient with her as well.

44           Are you happy with where you are in life currently?
There are changes I would like to make, but I am still happy with where I am. I used to focus so hard on the changes I wanted that I didn’t enjoy the present. Now I try to find happiness in my daily life. I'm thankful for all my blessings. 

45           Did you have a good week/weekend?
Yes, I did have a good week. It was nothing out of the ordinary, just good times with family and friends. Nothing too stressful happened and my family is finally healthy again (we all had colds the week before).

46           Describe something funny or awesome that you experienced or witnessed.
I can't think of anything, now that I'm trying.



47           What was your favorite meal you had this past seven days? What made it so special?
A giant black and blue burger from Red Robin with sweet potato fries. My friends Truly and I went out after the kids went to bed. We had both already eaten, but I hadn't gotten enough protein and was still starving. It was absolutely delicious with blue cheese and caramelized onions. It was a special meal because I rarely go out to eat, I didn't have to cook it myself, and my craving was totally satisfied. Oh! And I didn’t have any kids. 

48           What are the top ten items in your purse or bag that is a must have when you leave your home?
The Top ten items in my purse are:
1.    My wallet with debit card and license
2.    My phone
3.    My lip gloss
4.    Cinnamon flavored gum or mints
5.    Pen or pencil
6.    Keys
7.    Sunglasses
8.    Hair band
9.    Water bottle
10. Granola bar


49           Do you trust others easily?
I’ve heard there are two types of people – the ones who don’t trust people until they have proven trustworthy and then those who trust everyone until they prove untrustworthy. I am in the latter category, for better or for worse. But I like the idea of giving everyone a fair chance.


Me holding my second child. When I look at this picture, I see the inside of my head and remember the postpartum depression that I thought would ruin my life. That's when I learned I am stronger than I think. I endured, got help and moved forward. 

50           Do you think that you are strong?
Hopefully, yes! I’ve survived everything life has thrown at me so far and I am healthy. Others have had a lot harder challenges, but mine have still tested my own strengths and weaknesses.

51           Say one nice thing about your partner(s) in this swap.
elizabethobviously is a really good mom and obviously loves her family very much.
Helmaninquiel has two very cute dogs :)
pyneapplequeen, you are brave! Children of the Corn and Supernatural creep me out!






52           What are your top three all time favorite songs? 
Including my childhood favorites, my all time favorite songs are: 
Sleeping Beauty's "Once upon a dream," 
Sound of Music's "My Favorite things," and 
Madonna's "Isla Bonita"


source

53      If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Once I visited Umbria in Italy. If I could live anywhere it would be there. I loved all the ancient villas and hilltop towns to explore. I loved the weather and the scenery. Plus, it would be amazing to live that close to bother Rome and Florence.

54. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

      I am definitely an introvert – but I still love and need time with my friends and family. Then I need lots of downtime to myself J

Comments

Most Read