Queen Kiki has six kittens




We knew our Kiki would have kittens this week, but it seemed like it would never happen. On Monday she spent the whole day rubbing my ankles. On Tuesday she hid in the basement. That night, I sent the boys to find her. The couldn't find her and neither could Scott.

Once they were in bed, I went downstairs to look for her. I heard a little mew coming from the corner of our messing basement play/storage/cat room. There she was, purring happily and surrounded by six newborn kitties. I missed the birth, the placentas and all the mess.

Can you spot the Cat? She was hidden under a dog cone, ironically. 

She wanted me to love on her, but keep away from her kittens. I brought her some food and water, which she gobbled up quickly.

I was worried about the location of the kittens - it would be too easy for something to fall on them. But I was also worried about how to move them to the box we had prepared for them. Thanks to the internet, we found information on how to successfully move the family.

The move made Kiki pretty nervous so we left her alone for the night.

Lucas lifting the blanket off the nest to discover six healthy kittens and one happy mama. 

The next morning, we told the boys to go check and see if she had her kittens. They were so excited to lift up the blanket and see them.



Here are all the babies nursing. It is so cute to watch them crawl all over each other. 


In just one night, they are already furrier and fatter. Toward the end of our visit, I could tell Kiki needed a break. I think we will go run errands today - so the house is nice and quiet. Then we will go for another visit this afternoon.

Two happy boys! The day they've waited for has finally come. It may not be 10 kittens, but it is pretty darn close. 

I am so excited for this opportunity! I hope they stay healthy and that we can find happy homes for them. Please let me know if you are interested.

More cuteness of kittens climbing all over each other, trying to nurse on their mama. 

Comments

Katie said…
Awww! Precious! Love the pictures and your boys' reactions!

Most Read