Sick and top fave pins
Lucas and I have been sick for a couple weeks and finally went to the doctor for antibiotics. We both have sinus infections. I don't think I've ever had a sinus infection before. I had no idea how miserable they are. I am so sorry to any family and friends who I haven't had enough sympathy for who deal with them more often.
I really like this illustration. Its reminds me of how I want to be in the winter, but instead I'm usually to tired to actually work on my projects. The girl even has long brown hair like me. Her whippet's markings are very similar to Leo. Maybe we will have to recreate this picture sometime.
Then I started looking on Pinterest. I started a whole story time board, filling it with whimsical images that got my creative juices flowing for bedtime stories. This is one of my favorites and one of the first ones I saved.
Now we are into chapter books, but I still like to find these story-inspiring images.
I thought as a grown up I would be different. It took this quote to remind me of things I still like to do. I had stopped drawing years ago, because I wasn't as good as my friends. I wish I hadn't let that stop me. I've started up and I am still not great, but my boys think I'm awesome, which is really all that matters.
That looks like the last one for now. I've worn myself out again for now. Back to watching cartoons with the kids.
The good news is that my week-old headache is gone. So is most of the heavy feeling in my chest. However, I'm pretty sick of the coughing, sore throat and fatigue. I just assumed antibiotics would clear it up right away. The doctor discouraged that hope by stating it would be five more days before I feel a difference.
I just want to lay on the couch and whine all day.
For some reason, no one wants to listen to that ;) I'm burnt out on Facebook, Pinterest, reading, Netflix binging, spider solitaire, etc...
So I decided to whine on my blog. Then post 10 of my favorite random pinterest finds of all time. They range from weird to inspiring (to me anyway).
1. Quilting with Whippets
This is so sweet and kind of gross. Its probably true for most crafters and pet owners - ha ha, now think about that if I ever made you anything.I really like this illustration. Its reminds me of how I want to be in the winter, but instead I'm usually to tired to actually work on my projects. The girl even has long brown hair like me. Her whippet's markings are very similar to Leo. Maybe we will have to recreate this picture sometime.
2. Story time inspiration
When my boys were younger, I used to make up stories every night before bed. Soren loved it and would not let me skip a night. Soon, he got tired of the ones I made up and I didn't have any new material.Then I started looking on Pinterest. I started a whole story time board, filling it with whimsical images that got my creative juices flowing for bedtime stories. This is one of my favorites and one of the first ones I saved.
Now we are into chapter books, but I still like to find these story-inspiring images.
3. Favorite quote find
This is one of my favorite quotes. I've probably mentioned it before on my blog. When I first found it, I was dealing with postpartum depression and struggling to find things to help me relax with "me" time. Reading this inspired me to remember my childhood. I spent hours drawing, reading, imagining, exploring outside, playing the piano, listening to music. Those things brought me so much joy.I thought as a grown up I would be different. It took this quote to remind me of things I still like to do. I had stopped drawing years ago, because I wasn't as good as my friends. I wish I hadn't let that stop me. I've started up and I am still not great, but my boys think I'm awesome, which is really all that matters.
4. Favorite pin I hope to someday make
I have a zillion craft ideas pinned, ranging from cat tents made from t-shirts to Harry Potter throw pillows. But I can count on one hand how many of them I've done. This little embroidery is one I love. I would love to make something similar. The detail in the hair is gorgeous. This artist has a lot of inspiring images on her site.5. Favorite fan girl art
My fellow book lover/nerdy friend, Catherine and I started our own board where we share all things nerdy that make our hearts happy. That includes lots of Jane Austen, Dr. Who, Harry Potter and more. Its been so fun - although we haven't updated it in a while. We have a lot of common loves so its nice to have a friend to share them with.That looks like the last one for now. I've worn myself out again for now. Back to watching cartoons with the kids.






Comments
Take it easy, friend.