Kindred Spirits on Best Friends Day




source / free printable here

After growing up in a small town, my first dear friends and I had a whole childhood to grow close and finish each others sentences. When I left home for college, I knew I'd make new friends but never thought they could be kindred spirits.

Two friends who I always felt at home with when I was a child (and I still feel that way when I am with them).
I have been proven wrong. Each time I move, I mourn the loss of dear friends. These new kindred spirits pop up and sneak into my heart. They've been roommates, colleagues, neighbors, church members and friend's wives. 

Room mates and good friends from my freshman year of college (Just missing my other roomie - Tia!)
It may take several months to find them, but kindred spirits really aren't as scarce as I once thought. Thanks goodness because I sure need their love and support. 

As I look over old picture I realize:
  1. I need more photos of me with my friends. 
  2. I am very blessed
  3. I better start sending Christmas cards or something so they know they are loved
  4. I want to be a better friend
My lovely Cleaver cousins and me - these girls are still some of my favorite people. I will eat up any chance I get to visit with them.

   5.  I want us all to pick a town and be neighbors with wrap-around porches and rocking chairs
   6.  Family can make some of the best friends - including in-laws and cousins of cousins. 
   7.  Sometimes my first impressions of a friend are very wrong, thank goodness. 

My friend Jamie and I celebrating my 29th birthday. I sure miss her!



   8.  Being able to share the "real" side of yourself is crucial to any friendship
   9.   I love laughing and being silly with my friends
  10. Did I mention I feel very blessed? 

Some new dear friends from this weekend's Color Run.

I wish I had pictures of all my kindred spirits to share - they are all so beautiful and special to me. 


Comments

Most Read