Books of 2014

I enjoy reading - especially during the winter. Most of the books I read are rated on my goodreads.com account. I decided to look back on my reads of 2014. I read about 50 books, not counting the children's books I read with my boys. It seemed like I did so much more...

I have a hard time choosing favorites, because there are so many that I loved. Towards the top of my list would be the Gallagher Girls Spy series, finishing up the Ruby Red trilogy, and discovering writers Diana Wynn Jones, Jen Turano and Sherwood Smith.

A personal discovery this year was the graphic novel section in my library. Thanks to Scott Wheeler for helping me become even more nerdy. He started me with "Mind MGMT, Vol. 1." It was fantastic, but also a little violent for me. So I took the nerdy-ness to a whole new level by discovering manga - specifically the manga series "The Earl and The Fairy". Totally satisfied my need for beautiful illustration, fantasy, and a new medium. Another favorite graphic novel series that I read recently was "Hopeless, Maine."

Below is my Books of 2014. I'm excited to see what adventures I'll read about in 2015. 


3.97
not set[edit]
Dec 30, 2014
A Posse of Princesses
3.77
not set[edit]
Dec 29, 2014
The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 01 (The Earl and the Fairy, #1)
4.15
Dec 14, 2014[edit]
Dec 13, 2014
Wildwood (Wildwood Chronicles, #1)
3.61
Dec 26, 2014[edit]
Dec 13, 2014
Inheritance (Hopeless, Maine, #2)
4.02
Nov 2014[edit]
Dec 10, 2014
The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
3.88
Dec 10, 2014[edit]
Dec 08, 2014
Personal Demons (Hopeless, Maine, #1)
3.95
not set[edit]
Nov 26, 2014
Anya's Ghost
3.85
Nov 26, 2014[edit]
Nov 25, 2014
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1)
3.56
Dec 05, 2014[edit]
Nov 25, 2014
MIND MGMT, Vol. 2: The Futurist
4.38
Nov 25, 2014[edit]
Nov 14, 2014
MIND MGMT, Vol. 1: The Manager
4.08
Nov 11, 2014[edit]
Nov 11, 2014
My Neighbor Totoro 1
4.40
not set[edit]
Nov 08, 2014
The Lives of Christopher Chant (Chrestomanci, #2)
4.21
Nov 2014[edit]
Nov 07, 2014
The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1 (Chrestomanci, #1-2)
4.21
Nov 2014[edit]
Nov 07, 2014
Charmed Life (Chrestomanci, #1)
3.95
Nov 2014[edit]
Oct 11, 2014
Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
4.43
Sep 2014[edit]
Oct 07, 2014
United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
4.45
Oct 12, 2014[edit]
Oct 07, 2014
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
4.33
Sep 2014[edit]
Sep 16, 2014
Midnight in Austenland (Austenland, #2)
3.49
Sep 2014[edit]
Sep 13, 2014
The Dancing Master
3.59
Sep 2014[edit]
Sep 09, 2014
The Headmistress of Rosemere (Whispers on the Moors, #2)
3.95
not set[edit]
Aug 24, 2014
Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart
3.46
Aug 09, 2014[edit]
Aug 06, 2014
Jane and Austen
3.42
Aug 10, 2014[edit]
Aug 06, 2014
The Tutor's Daughter
4.09
Jul 2014[edit]
Jul 29, 2014
Destined (Wings, #4)
4.21
Jul 2014[edit]
Jul 19, 2014
Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business
3.84
Aug 06, 2014[edit]
Jul 01, 2014
Cascade (River of Time, #2)
4.29
Jul 2014[edit]
Jul 01, 2014
The Female Brain
3.78
Jun 2014[edit]
Jun 30, 2014
Illusions (Wings, #3)
4.13
Jul 2014[edit]
Jun 23, 2014
Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
4.32
Jun 2014[edit]
Jun 07, 2014
The Intrigue at Highbury: Or, Emma's Match (Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mysteries, #5)
3.87
May 2014[edit]
May 22, 2014
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
4.27
Aug 2014[edit]
May 07, 2014
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
4.27
May 07, 2014[edit]
May 07, 2014
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
4.22
May 2014[edit]
Apr 26, 2014
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
4.12
Apr 2014[edit]
Apr 21, 2014
Agent in Old Lace
3.72
Jul 2014[edit]
Apr 13, 2014
Emma
3.97
Aug 06, 2014[edit]
Apr 09, 2014
Gentleman of Her Dreams (Ladies of Distinction, #0.5)
3.83
Mar 2014[edit]
Mar 26, 2014
A Most Peculiar Circumstance (Ladies of Distinction, #2)
4.04
Jun 13, 2014[edit]
Mar 25, 2014
A Change of Fortune (Ladies of Distinction, #1)
3.90
Mar 25, 2014[edit]
Mar 11, 2014
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
3.83
Apr 2014[edit]
Feb 28, 2014
The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
3.76
Feb 2014[edit]
Feb 23, 2014
The Dashwood Sisters Tell All
3.50
Feb 2014[edit]
Feb 20, 2014
Journey to the Fringe (Stone Mage Wars #1)
3.70
not set[edit]
Feb 06, 2014
Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2)
4.32
Feb 18, 2014[edit]
Feb 06, 2014
Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3)
4.23
Feb 05, 2014[edit]
Jan 30, 2014
A Lesson Before Dying
3.89
Jan 2014[edit]
Jan 30, 2014
The Fault in Our Stars
4.41
not set[edit]
Jan 14, 2014

Comments

Most Read