Soren's songs and I get sentimental

Soren and me when he was 1-year-old. 
When Soren was a baby, I sang him songs every night before tucking him into bed. I sang him nursery rhymes and silly songs while we changed diapers and played, but for bed time I sang some of my favorite songs I learned in Primary (Children's Sunday School) when I was a child.

Soren has developed a few favorites. For four years he has requested the same song over and over and over and over - My Heavenly Father Loves Me. Or as he calls it "Whenever I hear the song of a bird." I was only too happy to oblige his requests, since it has always been one of my favorite, too. But the last couple months I have felt a little fatigued of it.

He goes to Primary now, just like I did when I was little. In fact, Lucas just started going, too. They learned a new song and it has replaced the other one. I love it just as much! The music is beautiful and the message reminds me of God's love in everything around us. It's call "Life is O'er Flowing with Beautiful Things." Click the link to here the song and below are the lyrics. This is the new one we are singing over and over and over again.


1. Blue skies, mountains, rainbows, fountains:
These are some things I love to see.
Rivers, canyons, pine trees, oceans:
Heavenly Father made them for me.


[Chorus]

Life is o’erflowing with beautiful things

Made by our loving and glorious King.

If I but strive to be grateful and true,
I can be happy in all that I do.
2. Music, laughter, peace thereafter:
These are some things I love to hear.
Please’s, thank you’s, may I’s, can do’s:
Hearing them fills my heart with good cheer.
3. Silky flowers, cool rain showers:
These are some things I love to feel.
Promptings, guidance, warm assurance:
That’s how I know the Spirit is real.





Comments

Most Read