Soren's bio

I met with a few moms this morning to discuss starting an at-home preschool for our 2-3 year olds. Soren has no clue what is about to hit him, but I am SO excited for him to learn and make friends. There are 7 kids and we will be teaching them a new letter each class, which will be twice a week. We've planned it so each mom is only teaching two weeks during the fall.

Each mom is writing a bio on their child to help the other moms out. I just finished writing Soren's and feel it is a pretty good snapshot of him at this stage in life:


Soren's Bio

Soren is the oldest in our family. While shy at first, Soren will warm up in a positive environment. He is very tenderhearted and loves to be silly. He is eager to please and easily heartbroken. When he does break down, he cries like it is the end of the world. Usually, acknowledging his feelings, giving him a minute (or five) and a hug help. Most times he just needs to be distracted.

Soren loves all things sports, animals and trucks. He loves to color and read stories. His favorite show is Toy Story and he likes to quote "To infinite and beyond."

His favorite books change weekly, but right now he likes "The Baseball Book," and strangely, "Purplecious." He is familiar with letters and numbers, but only recognizes a few on sight. However, he can sing his ABCs and count to 10.

It is rare to find Soren without his baseball hat and some sort of comfort toy in hand - miniature figurines of Buzz Lightyear, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh or a small ball.

Soren has the best laugh in the whole world. We are so excited for him to open up and share it more, as he continues to learn how to socialize with his peers.

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
That is a wonderful write up on him Melissa. I sure love that little boy and I am so thankful you keep us up to date with your pictures and writings and skyping. It may seem slow to you, but to me he is growing up so fast!
Lisa Brown said…
Hey, do you want the schedule and curriculum I developed for when I did an in-home preschool/trade off thing with Derek?
April Cleaver said…
Aw this bio makes me miss Soren! He does have the best laugh in the world :) That's cool that you're starting a daycare!
Jamie Anderson said…
"To infinite and beyond!" I can hear him saying it. We love Soren!

Most Read