Old friends in San Diego

We went to San Diego in the beginning of August for a Wright family reunion and then stayed a little longer to visit Scott's family.

One of my favorite parts of that trip was catching up with old high school friends who I haven't seen in almost 10 years! Lindsey and Ally were in San Diego for business, so I stopped by their condo for a quick visit before their drive back to L.A. We had so much to catch up on! I could have stayed to visit with them ALL day, they are both so fun to be around.

Ally has the most adorable 2-year-old named Aidan, who is only a couple months older than Soren.We have great plans for them to be friends like we were. Ally and I met in fifth grade when her family moved to Poulsbo. I remember the first day she came to class - she was wearing a yellow sweater. Isn't that a funny thing to remember? Yellow like the sunshine, which is exactly how I would describe her personality. From day one, she was someone I wanted to be around.

In fifth grade, we had this incredibly memorable incident where us and a few other friends [Bree, Hannah, Connie(?- was she there?) and Michelle] tried to build a raft to cross a little pond. We wanted to sail to the island in the middle. Hannah and Michelle were our brave sailors who sunk the raft before reaching the island. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and quite an adventure.

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
I am so glad you got a chance to see and visit with them. It sounds like you have special memories of your times together.
Restless Mama said…
It was so great to see you! I couldn't believe it had been that long since we'd seen each other.
Soren is such a cutie and I love his big smile!
Cannot wait for the two boys to see each other again. Big plans for friendship. :)
xoxo

Most Read