China Town, Bums and other random SF thoughts
This is my last week at work and I'm begining to feel sentimental! Nevermind the homeless
man I have to step over every day to reach door, or the smell at thethe cross walk- what ever it is - from the sewer, I like San Francisco. It's great being so close to the water and enjoying mellow temperatures year round. The people are funky and there is a grand variety of food and eclectic stores. I've seen so much - but not everything.
Last week for the first time ever, I found myself in Chinatown. I had no clue it was so close to my office. Usually I go for walk on my lunch break down on water front. But that day I tried something new - I turned the opposite direction and walked up the hill. Lo and behold - Chinatown was at the top, only 4 blocks away. I had enough time to
wander through a few shops and was impressed to find some pretty cool things.
Another day last week, I was walking to Foccacia - my favority salad place - and solved the mystery of the random puker. At least once a day I hop over vomit on the sidewalk. But I've never seen the producer of our nasty little suprises - until that day. I was behind this bum pushing a wheelchair and when I tried to pass her on the right, she turned her head to the left and spewed vomit like a fountain arch onto the sidewalk. I almost lost my stomach. It took all my self control to keep at bay my own naseau and not look back at her. On my way into Foccacia, I turned my head slightly to see her. She had this smug 'Yeah, I'm puking on the sidewalk' look on her face as she continued eating her lunch of garbage.
I hope Savannah doesn't have pukers.
man I have to step over every day to reach door, or the smell at thethe cross walk- what ever it is - from the sewer, I like San Francisco. It's great being so close to the water and enjoying mellow temperatures year round. The people are funky and there is a grand variety of food and eclectic stores. I've seen so much - but not everything.Last week for the first time ever, I found myself in Chinatown. I had no clue it was so close to my office. Usually I go for walk on my lunch break down on water front. But that day I tried something new - I turned the opposite direction and walked up the hill. Lo and behold - Chinatown was at the top, only 4 blocks away. I had enough time to
wander through a few shops and was impressed to find some pretty cool things.Another day last week, I was walking to Foccacia - my favority salad place - and solved the mystery of the random puker. At least once a day I hop over vomit on the sidewalk. But I've never seen the producer of our nasty little suprises - until that day. I was behind this bum pushing a wheelchair and when I tried to pass her on the right, she turned her head to the left and spewed vomit like a fountain arch onto the sidewalk. I almost lost my stomach. It took all my self control to keep at bay my own naseau and not look back at her. On my way into Foccacia, I turned my head slightly to see her. She had this smug 'Yeah, I'm puking on the sidewalk' look on her face as she continued eating her lunch of garbage.
I hope Savannah doesn't have pukers.
Comments